PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket stock options; Savage 11 FCNS.

Aim2MB
05-31-2013, 03:23 AM
Hello there, I'm rather new to the forum, but I see alot of good information being posted here. But I currently own a .308 Savage 11 FCNS with equipped with accustock and accutrigger. I have the opportunity to buy a threaded 20" HV contoured barre 1:11 twistl in order to upgrade the stock sporter. Would it be worth my time to buy an aftermarket stock? I really like Stocky's Stocks Heavy Varmint stock, but I see that most of the available models with a 4.4" spacing is for blind feed, and not a DBM like my FCNS. Is it difficult to convert the aftermarket stock to accept a DBM?

What stocks would you suggest? Price point being from $100-200, I might go a little over; but I want it ideally between that.

Use would be for hog hunting/target shooting. Just picked up a Nikon Monarch 5-15.5 X44 to replace my prostaff 4x9x40.

rjtfroggy
05-31-2013, 06:36 AM
http://www.stockysstocks.com/servlet/the-652/Varmint-Thumbhole-Savage-10/Detail

This one from Stocky's will/should work for you, or you could just take a few minutes of your time and sand out the barrel channel until it fits.
Oh and if this were in the " aftermarket stock " section you would probably get more views and answers.