PDA

View Full Version : sightron III vs vortex viper.

dbk84
01-30-2010, 05:39 AM
Ok fellas who makes a better scope? Im talking the upper end of these companies.?

pa hog
01-30-2010, 08:38 AM
I've had both, but only "in the field experiance" with the SIII 8-32. They are fantastic scopes for the money,clear, repeatable and tough. I've compared them in the field to- VX3 6.5-20x50 with the Varmint reticle, a 36x Leupold, 10x 3200 Bushnell, 6-24 Burris Signature Series. The scope topped them all in one aspect or many.

Some say the 1/4moa dot was too big but now you have multiple choices in reticles. The SIII would be tops for me in these two scope choices. The adjustment range on the 8-32 is big for such a powerfull scope and the 6-24 SIII has tons of adjusment as well.

However, Vortex just came out with some killer new scopes,The Razor and PST Viper, time will tell how they will be.
I currently have a 6.5-20x44 Viper and really like it, but have not been able to wring it out as of yet. The Vortex has many features I like like hand resetable turrets, side focus, crystal clear glass and a big adjustment range-all for a price I could not turn down. Kinda wish they came with the sunshade(SIII Does) as my range sucks in the morning sun, but they are avaliable.

I'd say either scope will do what you want.

Dinosdeuce
01-31-2010, 10:31 AM
What are you going to use it for? I was interested in both as well. I don't have either but have looked through both and really could not tell the difference. I my opinion the recticle in the Viper is a little too thick. I feel that you would be happy with either one.

I was leaning towards the Sightron III until the rumors starting about a new Viper. Now I am waiting on the Viper PST 6x24x50 FFP MRAD. I hope it is as good as all the hype. I shoot alot of long range (to me 600yds) shoots at steel at a local match. I will shoot this year at a monthly match in Raton, NM as well. This scope on paper will fill the bill for me. It is not due out from what I understand until May. So we shall see.

Goodluck with your decision

Joe O
02-02-2010, 08:42 AM
I have a Vortex Viper 6.5x20x44,and a Bushnell 6500 4x30x50 and like them both.The Vortex has smaller reticles than you would think,just looking at the pictures and discriptions.I have the .191 dot,but my first choice was the BDC (backordered).New scopes will be out in a couple months,that sound great.

Shooter59937
02-02-2010, 09:14 PM
I don't have experience with Sightron, But I own a Vortex Viper. Very well built unit. For the price you can't go wrong. The warranty is awsome and customer service is great.

Shooter59937
02-02-2010, 09:21 PM
oops not a viper a crossfire a bit different but still if the viper is anything like the crossfire you get way more than you pay for.

tbeasley
02-02-2010, 10:11 PM
Sightron III ALL THE WAY!!!!!

had 2 vipers, not impressed with them