PDA

View Full Version : Mark I/II/93R: Mark ii f not ejecting cci stinger or cci hollowpoints

Curtis87
05-30-2013, 02:21 PM
Hey guys, wondering if i have to live with it or something can be done... I use remington standard velocity target rounds and they work great, shooting and ejecting no prob.. However any hot cci loads i have put in will go in and fire but the extractors will not grab them at all, i have to use a tiny flat head to get them out.. My gun is broken in, it is spotless, i have even disassembled the bolt, cleaned extractors, pinched the retaining clip tighter. Yet nothing will help. I know the cci rounds are longer then the rems, so maybe my barrel doesn't like them?? Love my gun, just would prefer cci for hunting...

Please help :)

JCalhoun
06-04-2013, 01:34 AM
Make a call to Savage customer service. The Mark I and Mark II rifles were prone to this for a few years.

Huntinguy
06-10-2013, 10:43 PM
Mine doesn't either.

Curtis87
06-13-2013, 03:01 PM
Goood news! I did not phone savage as they only have a one year warrantee so i didn't bother... What i did was put my 22 cal wire brush bore cleaner on my drill and ran it for a solid 5 mins, added some nitro solvent and ran it for another few mins in and out at high rpm! Cant believe it now all my ammo of any kind cycles and ejects even if its not fired it will eject now! The bores might need a good polishing so that longer casing ammo doesn't stick in there. Hope it works for you guys :cool:

JCalhoun
06-13-2013, 04:25 PM
Thanks for the update.

Curtis87
06-13-2013, 08:55 PM
I don't know why, but it stopped working.. maybe once the barrel cooled down I don't understand... I am able to extract them by verrrry slowly racking the bolt and it will grab them but under normal circumstances it does not want to grab the rim of the cartridge with the extractors!! I wonder if there is a fix to shape or sharpen up the extractors to grab better. Maybe even new after market extractors for the bolt, heh probably not but darn...

lee1000
06-16-2013, 09:27 PM
I would call Savage anyways as they may help and send you parts for free. I've never had to work with Savage on issue like this but I know other manufactures have send me stuff for free.

Has it always done this? My MKII has done this to me with Eley Target ammo but it's very rare.

Do you know if a local gunsmith could sharpen the extractor?

Is there a difference between casing markings when comparing high velocity and non-high velocity rounds?

Is the extractor just slipping off of the rim?

Curtis87
06-16-2013, 11:02 PM
Haha i feel silly now but i dismantled the bolt yet again, and reallllly pinched the retaining clip even tighter, it works great now! Seems there was a big issue with not enough tension on the extractor.