PDA

View Full Version : Installing a timed muzzle braked barrel on different rifle?

Galveston22
01-30-2010, 12:08 AM
Ok, so I have a braked 10FP in .308 and I was thinking about rebarreling it to .223 since I only shoot benchrest 100yds. The barrel has 500 rounds through it and can and will shoot sub half inch 5 shot 100 yard groups. If I get my smith to remove the .308 barrel and I plan to sell it on this forum, what is the most desirable configuration? It is currently threaded for a Holland QD muzzle brake 3/4"x28tpi and it is timed. If I sell the barrel, is it possible for another individual to install it on his/her rifle and have the muzzle brake line up correctly again? Or should I just get smith to cut and recrown. Currently 24" bbl, should I go 22" or 20"? Thanks

Blue Avenger
01-30-2010, 12:21 AM
guess I would not put more money into something I am going to sell and the improvement cancels my profit. put a together or separate price in the classified ads.

pa hog
01-30-2010, 12:25 AM
I'd sell it threaded, someone could put a Vias,Harrel or something on it that don't need timed or if you leave the break on it, it could be timed again. I would'nt put any money into it to sell.