PDA

View Full Version : Savage 10 Precision Carbine or 10FCP HS for threading 5/8 x 24tpi?

Gonefission
01-29-2010, 10:10 PM
I have been reading the forums and researching for a build. I am wanting to buy something in 308 and buy a suppressor for it. The suppressor I am planning on buying is setup for 5/8 x 24tpi and the 2 rifles I am looking at are the model 10 Precision Carbine or 10FCP HS. I am wondering if one would be a better choice than the other for threading or if they would both have enough meat on the muzzle to thread? I have not found a thread with someone how has actually threaded their rifle for an opinion.

Sorry if this has been answered before but I couldn't find anything via searching.

beradon
01-29-2010, 11:00 PM
Personally I would go with Savage 10PC because it has a shorter barrel - Of course the longer 10FCP could easily be shortened when threaded To answer your question - both rifle barrels have more than enough OD to cut 5/8 x 24 TPI. My 10PC is chambered for .223 and not threaded but I have 6 other rifles and pistols that are and i would strongly suggest you have the suppressor manufacturer cut the thread since all 5/8 x 24 threads are not equal