PDA

View Full Version : Barts Bullets ?

acemisser
05-28-2013, 05:29 PM
Has anyone here tried these bullets? If so what was your findings with them?

I was or am thinking of trying them but I see he wants to sell a thousand

at a time..wonder whats up with that..Thank you..;)

short round
05-29-2013, 12:47 AM
You can get them by the hundred at Sinclair Int. They are very good and are mainly used in bench rest competition.

acemisser
05-29-2013, 07:11 AM
thanks never hear of them befor..

82boy
05-30-2013, 11:13 AM
I was or am thinking of trying them but I see he wants to sell a thousand at a time..wonder whats up with that..Thank you..;)

Bart's consumer base is for Competitive Benchrest shooters, that normally buy by the few thousands at a time. As far as I know there is a bit of a wait to get bullets from him, because like everyone else demand is much higher then supply. Bart's bullets was made on J4 jackets, but due to inability for ANYONE to get J4 jackets, he (Much like others have) switched to Sierra Jackets. The Jackets are a special production run made just for Bart. Bart also is the only dealer of these special run jackets. Some claim that there is a difference between bullets made on J4 and sierra jackets, but according to Bart, and some of the records set this year with his bullets ,it is proving not to be the case. I just bought a few buckets of jackets from Bart, to make bullets off of.

If you really have to ask "How good are they?" Then just look at the equipment list from NBRSA and IBS match's shot all over the world, I think that will answer your question. Still wondering, well if the greatest Benchrest shooter in all of history Tony Boyer shoots them, I think they must be ok, if that does not that answer your question, I don't know what will.

With this all said unless you are a competitive bechrest shooter who is able to shoot incredibly small groups, and seeks the finest equipment to stay on top, then you may be wasting your time buying Bart's bullets.

On Sinclair International, they was bought out by Brownells a couple of years back. The original company had some GREAT shooters,( I shoot with for a few years.) and they have splintered off to form other company's, such as Benchrite, PMA, Tom Meredith stock work, Possum Hollow, 21 century shooting supply, and a few others. Bobby Blain still works in a small call center in Ft Wayne IN where Sinclair use to be, he does advise for brownells and a few other company's. If you look at the 2013 super shoot results you several old Sinclair employees at the top.

acemisser
06-03-2013, 06:20 AM
thanks 82.....sounds like you really know your stuff..I appreciate you very kind and carefully thought out reply.

It certainly makes sense...thanks again...john

Maztech89
06-03-2013, 08:15 AM
82boy, I take it you were at the super shoot last weekend? That was the first BR match I've ever been to, (spectator only I have no interest in competing) and it was a hoot! Learned a lot of things and bought some stuff at great prices there. Tony and Faye had some nice groups going Saturday, conditions looked pretty rough on the range with bouncing wind meters, but I did see a bit of a hole towards the left side for a few strings. Ill deff be back next year to watch again.

82boy
06-03-2013, 10:53 AM
82boy, I take it you were at the super shoot last weekend?

No I was not. I would love to shoot the super shoot, (Considering that it is almost in my back yard.) but due to work scheduling I cant get the week off to shoot the match. The super shoot is the "super bowel" of shooting, but it is also long and drawn out and takes its tolls on shooters. I had a bunch of friends that shot at this years super shoot, and they are still trying to get over it. They are just tired and worn out. I would rather shoot shorter match's. Not sure where your located at, but in the Ohio area there is a lot of other match's to go to. Just a couple of miles up the road from Kelbly's is Chippewa rifle club, this is the club that Walt, his brother nelson, and their cousin started. http://chippewarifleclub.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=frontpage&Itemid=1
They host the super shoot warm up every year, and they also have club, and registered match's just about every week end.

There is the Briar Hail memorial at Shelby County Dear hunters that is coming up in a few weeks. (June 22/23) You will not find as many shooters as at the super shoot, but you will find a lot of the competitors from the super shoot there. This match is on the other side of the state near Dayton. They also have another registered NBRSA match, and many club matches for factory guns on the first Sunday of the month.

You may want to check out a 600 yard bench rest match, as they are a hoot as well. In SE Ohio (Just on the WV boarder.) there is the Golden 600. One of the best match's in the state, great guys to be with. Many of them shoot the super shoot. These guys will treat you like a long lost brother. They shoot usually the first Sat of each month.

To the north, you have Western Wane County Contravention association (AKA WWCCA) this in in Michigan near Detroit. They have a lot of registered match's there. Further to the North is Holton, There you will find something more like the atmosphere of the super shoot. IN Penn you have a lot of match's as well.

You may just get the competition bug yet.

Maztech89
06-03-2013, 05:50 PM
Thanks for the info 82, much appreciated! I'm from Bedford Pa, Kelbly's was 205 miles for me and was worth it for sure. Ill make it a point to get to some of the places you've listed. I like road trips and have an iron arse from years of racing motorcycles, that was good for 10k miles plus a year with the toy hauler so a 4 hr trip is backyard for me. Thanks again!