PDA

View Full Version : sss competition trigger installation problem

rakatak
05-28-2013, 12:58 PM
Installing a new sss competition trigger and the mounting hole doesn't line up enough to put bolt through. it's on a stevens 200 action. trigger need to go back some. does this mean I need to modify the trigger bracket? I didn't think I had to on the stevens 200. Any help would be appreciated.

jimbo88mm
05-28-2013, 01:04 PM
I did not have to make any modifications to make it fit on my Stevens.

On the back of the trigger housing, there is a raised lip. I when I first tried installing the tigger I had this raised lip inside. I had to put this raised lip right on the edge.. not inside. Then the hole lined up enough to get the screw in.

Here's a video that gives a good close up look at the trigger after it was installed. Hopefully this helps:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHrAIm00wtI&list=PLAH4yl5r83rthYs8cCoIqjPY6FX1ogU4c&index=3

rakatak
05-28-2013, 01:30 PM
hey jimbo are you talking about those two prongs sticking up on the back of trigger housing. if so mine won't sit back that far. they are just inside. but it looks like the pin that holds the trigger sear is hitting against the trigger bracket where they tell you to modify it.

bodywerks
05-28-2013, 06:57 PM
The newer Stevens rifles use the newer style trigger bracket so you do need to do the modification.