PDA

View Full Version : Difference between a Staggerfeed and Centerfeed bolt head??

seanhagerty
05-27-2013, 05:09 PM
Is there any difference between a SF and CF bolt head?

Sean

bodywerks
05-27-2013, 05:54 PM
No. Difference between stagger and center is in the magazine design.

mattri
05-27-2013, 06:01 PM
I may be wrong but my understanding is that the centerfeeds have a mag that attaches to the stock, where as the stagger feeds have a magwell that attaches to the action, so it comes out of the stock with the action. The boltface shouldn't have anything to do with either.

seanhagerty
05-27-2013, 06:26 PM
Thanks guys.

Sean

seanhagerty
05-27-2013, 06:33 PM
Crap. I ordered an SF stock, not realizing the action I was using was a CF action.

My single shot adapter fits into the well. Can I put a spacer under the adapter to hold it in place and use this stock and live with the single shot adapter? Any thoughts?

bodywerks
05-27-2013, 07:51 PM
If you're looking to do a single shot setup i think you'll be fine.

seanhagerty
05-27-2013, 07:57 PM
Kinda what I had figured. Now, I need to find something to use as a spacer.

Sean

bootsmcguire
05-27-2013, 11:26 PM
Bolt heads are the same, as for your stock:

If you have a Long Action, then the action bolts have the same spacing (5.062" between centers) regardless of mag type, so with your follower it should work great. Mine does.

If you have a Short Action, then it will work, but you have to relocate the front hole in the stock. Staggerfeed's have a 4.27" spacing between centers and the Centerfeeds have 4.40" between centers of the action bolts.

I have just put the follwer and spring under the CF follower and works fine. Holds mine in nice.

seanhagerty
05-28-2013, 07:46 AM
Boots,

I cant thank you enough. I was considering filling in the void with devcon or some other filler material. The action bolt holes line up with my stock no issue, and I knew it was a long action so I have no issue there.

I will give the follower a shot.

Sean