PDA

View Full Version : Help on Stock Bedding TuppeWare

35Whelenshooter
05-27-2013, 12:28 AM
I have a couple savage rifles that are in the Tupperware stocks. They are 10's 110's, I was wondering if anyone has tried to glass bed the tupperware stock, if so; are they adding anything to the stock for weight for balance and recoil for the bigger cartridges.

What are you using for glass in the stocks? What kind of accuracy are you getting by doing this to the stocks? I will take any tips or help that you advise on.

Thanks.

mattri
05-27-2013, 08:03 AM
http://www.savageshooters.com/showthread.php?20254-Ultimate-%28budget%29-Hunter-pics-and-range-report&highlight=ultimate+budget+hunter

Here's what I did, not professional by any means but it really stiffened up the factory stock, I added a little weight to the back to improve the balance and now the gun feels very stable off a rest, bipod or offhand.

35Whelenshooter
05-27-2013, 02:25 PM
Thank you. I will give it a try.

Axtell3
05-29-2013, 07:00 AM
I put a bunch of silicon seal in the rear cavity, and then some lead I had sitting around. then bedded a couple carbon arrow shafts in the front with epoxy. After that I bought a boyds stock and bedded it. That made a real difference.

jb6.5
05-29-2013, 10:18 AM
I cut out a piece of aluminum and shaped it to where it would fit inside the forearm. Cut out the cross pieces and placed it in. Had holes drilled in the aluminum so I put just enough jbweld in the forearm to come up through the holes. Before it dried I cleaned it up. Then bedded the action. Works great.

big honkin jeep
05-29-2013, 11:26 AM
I have bedded quite a few of the factory synthetics. I usually use a small drill bit in my dremel to relieve the area around the factory pillars a little and also the area where the recoil lug mates up and then drill some shallow holes at opposing angles to create a good mechanical lock. Then I bed em with JB weld epoxy and use a very thin coat of Kiwi neutral color shoe polish as the release agent. Works like a champ and I have never had a problem with it. I don't add any weight to my rifles. If I want or need recoil reduction I'll use a brake and/or a slip on recoil pad. I have also used a dead mule system in the butt stock with a little expanding foam for the really big boppers and a couple of shotguns. Just my opinion, but there are much more effective methods of recoil reduction than just adding dead weight which I see as more of a hindrance than a benefit for most applications.

mattri
05-29-2013, 05:53 PM
The added weight can dramatically improve handling and balance on rifles with aftermarket barrels, especially ones longer or with a heavier contour than a 22" sporter.