View Full Version : B-Mag Series: B Mag

Monkeymaster
05-25-2013, 09:40 AM
Ok
1st step is to admit I have a problem.
2nd step is how to fix that problem.
Soooooo.
I have B mag fever, there I said it.
So I need to get a B mag to fix my fever.
Does anyone know Who, what store ect will get the 1st couple of shipments on these ?
Cabelas, Dicks Sporting Goods, Bass Pro ?
Help

plinkin
05-26-2013, 12:35 AM
Ok
1st step is to admit I have a problem.
2nd step is how to fix that problem.
Soooooo.
I have B mag fever, there I said it.
So I need to get a B mag to fix my fever.
Does anyone know Who, what store ect will get the 1st couple of shipments on these ?
Cabelas, Dicks Sporting Goods, Bass Pro ?
Help

Someone on Facebook a few weeks ago said they saw it on Dick's SG website but I checked and didn't find it. A friend at Dick's is doing some checking for me but he told me things have changed and now all their guns are coming from Bill Hicks & Jerry's. I am sure that those two distributors will be getting them and maybe Davidsons.

Winchester is shipping the ammo out starting Tuesday after Memorial Day.

Monkeymaster
05-26-2013, 11:28 AM
Thanks for the input.

missed
05-27-2013, 09:01 AM
I can't wait either I want one! Hurry up with the left handed ones!!

Monkeymaster
05-27-2013, 09:24 AM
Checked out Dicks Sporting Goods web site.
The B mag is listed.
Called 2 stores, they asked what I was talking about, they do not have any in stock, they do not know if they can order them.
Kids these days.
So ???
The Savage Arms web site has nothing on it about the B Mag.
One would think that the manufacturer of an item would advertise/anounce it before a retailer would ?
Anyway, looks like we are getting close to actually being able to buy one if you are at the right place and right time.

missed
05-27-2013, 09:46 AM
The B mag is listed.
Called 2 stores, they asked what I was talking about, they do not have any in stock, they do not know if they can order them.
Kids these days.
So ???
One would think that the manufacturer of an item would advertise/anounce it before a retailer would ?
Anyway, looks like we are getting close to actually being able to buy one if you are at the right place and right time.

Yeah I noticed there was nothing on the savage site about them. My local gun shop said there supposed to have the ammo in the next couple weeks. Looks like $15-$20 per 50. I'll just have to wait longer for the lefty...

plinkin
05-27-2013, 10:09 AM
The B mag is listed.
Kids these days.
So ???
One would think that the manufacturer of an item would advertise/announce it before a retailer would ?

It is not entirely true about the B.Mag not being on their site. If you open or download the now 2013 catalog it is in there in the rim fire section.

plinkin
05-27-2013, 10:18 AM
I can't wait either I want one! Hurry up with the left handed ones!!

And laminated stocked heavy barrels. I wonder what they use for scope bases. I am still trying to decide what I will be using for a scope on it. I am thinking of using the BSA 6-24X40AO that is on my Savage 40. I am thinking of re-scoping the 40 with something else.

Monkeymaster
05-28-2013, 06:55 PM
Thanks for the update.
I will check out Savage Arms again and see where I am missing it.

LHitchcox
06-02-2013, 10:38 PM
The Academy Sports and Outdoors computer shows the B.Mag as expected to arrive in the warehouse any week now. They have changed the elected arrival date a few times as Savage missed projected shipping dates. Winchester ammo is expected to arrive in the warehouse within a week, but that too may change. Any way, it is getting close.

plinkin
06-04-2013, 03:53 PM
I must be living right because today I stopped in to my favorite local gun shop just after UPS arrived. Guess what I got to help open, hold, touch, play with and covet after...

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b203/capri331/Photo0436_zpscc46b303.jpg (http://s20.photobucket.com/user/capri331/media/Photo0436_zpscc46b303.jpg.html)

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b203/capri331/Photo0435_zps6e993ff2.jpg (http://s20.photobucket.com/user/capri331/media/Photo0435_zps6e993ff2.jpg.html)

missed
06-04-2013, 06:22 PM
Oh I want one! The bolt is on the wrong side though!!

plinkin
06-04-2013, 06:28 PM
Oh I want one! The bolt is on the wrong side though!!

Speak for yourself Southpaw :rolleyes:

Monkeymaster
06-04-2013, 07:11 PM
Might I ask if it was a store chain which one ? or independant dealer?
Cost ?
Ammo for it ?
Also, Did you buy it ?
Thanks

plinkin
06-04-2013, 10:25 PM
Independent store & I would have bought it if they allowed me to. Turned out Savage sent it to them because the district Savage Sales Rep is supposed to pick it up & tote & promote it. We have a Savage Shoot coming up in my area with 10-12 Savage models with the B.Mag being one of them. Get to test fire what they bring, they provide ammo etc.

I will tell you this. This rifle seems pretty nice. VERY light, surprisingly light. It really looks well made. I have to admit I forgot to look to see where it was built. I did run the serial number on Savage's site and it didn't come up oddly enough.

missed
06-04-2013, 10:47 PM
Ammo is supposed to be $12-$18 per 50. Brownells is supposed to have the ammo real soon.

plinkin
06-04-2013, 10:57 PM
Ammo is supposed to be $12-$18 per 50. Brownells is supposed to have the ammo real soon.

As I was telling the guys at the shop today I would be OK with paying $20/50 but I would prefer $12-$15 :-)

Willy
06-14-2013, 06:39 PM
I would prefer to have a rifle like this in 20 caliber rather than 17. Anyone agree?

plinkin
06-14-2013, 06:49 PM
I would prefer to have a rifle like this in 20 caliber rather than 17. Anyone agree?

Maybe if the platform is successful enough they may chamber it in 5mm Rem Mag. I am not holding my breath but I am holding out a glimmer of hope.