PDA

View Full Version : Pepper Gray vs Granite Gray

dbranger94
01-28-2010, 06:34 PM
I see on Stocky's website that their old Black/Gray Laminate is called Pepper Gray just like the Boyd's I ordered for my 93FV. The NEW 4.40 stocks that are Black/Gray are listed as Granite Gray. Does anyone know if this is the same color?

rjtfroggy
01-29-2010, 10:07 AM
I don.t know if this helps but I have a pepper from Stocky's and a gray factory stock both thumbholes and they are exactly the same color.
It would not suprise me if they came from the same stock maker. Which I think is S-K, or now known as part of Remington, and it would not suprise me to find out they will no longer produce stocks for Savage. So if you have a chance to buy one buy it, there may not be many more.

dbranger94
01-29-2010, 02:24 PM
Thanks for the info froggy. But, I think the only way to get a heavy barrel, center-feed from Stocky's is in their new LRV lineup. Which all happen to have new color names as well.

Anyone know if/when Boyds' is going to start selling 4.40" stocks to consumers?

BTW: I'm pretty sure all the laminate stocks from Savage come from Boyd's.

rjtfroggy
01-29-2010, 05:15 PM
dbranger my thumbhole from Stockey's is a lrv and it is made by S&K (read stocky's add) and it is the exact color that the factory pepper stock is, just took them out of the safe to check.
BTW if you find a 5.5 screw spacing with varmint barrel contor let me know.

dbranger94
01-30-2010, 08:50 PM
Cool, thanks for the info. I wasn't disagreeing with you on the Stocky's LRV being made by S&K, I was just under the impression that the factory Savage stocks were Boyds'. Either way I'm glad they both match.

What action uses 5.5"? The long actions did not change.

rjtfroggy
01-30-2010, 11:05 PM
The 112 vlp measures out to 5.05 center to center.I'll measure it again but pretty sure that was it and I think the 110 is the same.