PDA

View Full Version : Shotgun PRESENT FROM GRANDPA TO HIS GRANDSON SAVAGE 330, I am having problems repairing it

TRAKS
05-23-2013, 09:55 AM
A customer of mine brought in a box of parts. He said that he was giving it to his grandson for his upcoming birthday. I have replaced the hammer sears, sear springs, safety lever selector post, inertia block and plunger / spring.

When I put this thing together aligning everything up and swing the cocking lever the lever safety bar itself keeps sliding under the safetey slide? So it does not go to safe when it is cocked, is there suppose to be a short smaller spring on the cocking lever arm? Or just the large one? Numrich's schematic shows a second (safety) spring?

Sometimes one hammer cocks, sometimes both will cock, once in a while when you cock it and push the safety manually to safe it releases a hammer....

Other times it only cocks one hammer?

Now Numrich sent me 2 sear springs, they are identical, is there one made specifically for the right side and one for the left side? They sent me identical springs... Do these springs sit on the back of the sear and then under the pin into the notch on the sear or do they go on top of the sear rounded top where the pin goes thru it?Finally...what applies pressure on the plunger to hold the trigger up, because this trigger just hangs there without the plunger being manually pushed foward, what is suppose to move the plunger in ti the trigger?

In addition to the new sear springs being new it now has new hammer sears, and it is still doing identical issues. I am at a loss... and have at least 30-40 hrs. dis-assembling and re-assembling this thing and everytime a different issue occurs. I DO NOT WANT TO LET THIS KID DOWN...

I know that the safety plunger is suppose to have a secondary spring but it is unavailable but everytime I do get this nightmare aligned and put back together something else will not work correctly....someone has to have one of these or possibly a article that I can use for re-assembling this thing yet once again, for the 50th time...

Help....
Running out of time...

Thanks for any help...

Kurt