PDA

View Full Version : Savage 110

ww1rdb
05-22-2013, 10:47 PM
ok back to this closed thread

"The "dating" service is intended more for dating and documenting the older collectable guns that are no longer in production and were made prior to 1980." I have one question and I wont ask again..that is all fine and good if a guy has a new rifle..is there any where that I can get info on the older rifles?..I know what year my first one is and that is 71 because it was bought by my wife the year we got married from Herter's brand new for $155..a 110CL...great gun, but I have 4 or 5 others and would like to find out on them..

my reason is my first one has a smooth barrel nut while the rest all have notches..that includes my newest a mod 16 in 7mm-08...am thinking on a re-barrel on my oldest rifle..should I bite the bullet and buy the special wrench for the smooth nut or just replace it with a new one..I believe some where in my mess I have the one for the slotted ones..

also would like so input..have a friend that says you DO not need both a go and a no go guage..everything I read says you need both..would like some input..also is it advisable to replace the barrel lug?..I have read some are bent and would never have believed it if my brother hadn't just picked up a 110C and took it out of the stock and the recoil lug has a bit of a wow to it..
thanks in advice
ww1rdb