PDA

View Full Version : model 10 options

shadowviper
05-22-2013, 07:12 PM
New to the forum and looking for some advice.

I have a Savage model 10FXP .308 and I'm looking to upgrade it a little. It has an accutrigger and a standard contour barrel along with an original non-accustock. I've also got a redfield revolution 3-9x40 scope with leopold mounts and rings. I'm pretty sure it has a center feed mag (it stays in the stock when I remove it).

I use the rifle primarily for deer hunting and some paper punching. Its kind of my do all rifle. I generally like it, but i hate the flimsiness of the stock. So the main question, what are my options for upgrading the stock? I want to keep it a lightweight hunting rifle and I don't mind the blind magazine. I hear accustocks cost an arm and a leg from savage and its not worth the effort to bed the factory stock. I've looked at some hogue stocks but they seem to be for detachable box mags. I don't want to spend much more than $200 or so.

So if I get a different stock will the mag just switch into the new stock? Will I have to switch to a hinged floor plate? is that possible? I Don't want to spend $200 on a kit to switch to a detachable box mag bottom metal only to spend another $100 for extra mags.

Thanks for the help guys.

JCalhoun
05-23-2013, 12:29 AM
Check the aftermarket stocks section. I'm sure some has done this before.