PDA

View Full Version : Savage accu-trigger run down

longtimeshooter
05-22-2013, 01:06 PM
I have read the manual, read the forums, etc on this trigger. Even with proper adjustments sear will not hold. Anyone having this [problem that relates to sear engagement alone? I have worked on a lot of triggers in the past but this is a different ball game. Appreciate any help.

bodywerks
05-22-2013, 05:06 PM
You're only about the 333rd person to ask about this. Search "accutrigger problem", "savage locked up trigger", "accutrigger=junk". You'll find plenty of reading.
The jist of it is the accutrigger is junk. But if you're just looking to get it working again, turn the trigger pull weight adjustment spring all the way in (max out trigger pull weight), and remove any and all grease where the sear contacts the trigger. It'll be reliable, but will feel like crap.
Long term fix is a better trigger. I recommend sss comp trigger

bootsmcguire
05-22-2013, 07:31 PM
Get the grey anti-seize/grease off of the sear engagement point and that will hep a lot.

It seems like there are quite a few people lately that have had issues just like this. Personally I have never had issues in the more than a dozen accutrigger actions I have had and all of them could be adjusted to near minimum advertized pulls with no issues.

A lot of people don't like the Accutrigger, a lot of people do, be the judge for yourself, but I have always removed the excess grease and carefully adjusted and they have worked great. Hope you can have that kind of luck.

Something else that might help, is when I have had one that feels a bit rougher than I liked I would dry-fire it over and over again while watching TV or something and it would seem to make a noticable diffference.