PDA

View Full Version : Looking for hi capacity mag

bloombloom88
05-19-2013, 09:09 PM
Hey guys I'm new to the forum, and I'm needing some help finding a mag.

I have a model 111 .300 win mag I believe it is the trophy hunter with the accu trigger. I'm looking for a mag that will hold 5-10 rounds, preferably 10, the more the better. Does anybody know if there are any made for my rifle?

thomae
05-20-2013, 09:24 AM
Bloombloom:

The likely answer is no. There are a few individuals (Ratmag comes to mind) or small businesses (SSS) that make extended magazines for Savages, but by and large, I don't believe that includes the magnums. I could be wrong, and if so, I am certain others will chime in.

CDI makes bottom metal and sells higher capacity magazines, but I don't know if CDI bottom metal and magazines are set up for the magnum cartridges. You might wish to look there as well.

Does the trophy hunter have the composite magazine floorplate? If so, the mags would be identical to a similar Axis magazine.
If your magazine has a metal floorplate, let me know and I can move this to "Savage 110-based Centerfire Rifles" section.

bloombloom88
05-20-2013, 09:28 AM
Thanks for the info, ill look around some and see what I can find. Yeah I posted in the wrong section by mistake and couldn't figure out how to remove it

bloombloom88
05-20-2013, 11:39 AM
Bloombloom:

The likely answer is no. There are a few individuals (Ratmag comes to mind) or small businesses (SSS) that make extended magazines for Savages, but by and large, I don't believe that includes the magnums. I could be wrong, and if so, I am certain others will chime in.

CDI makes bottom metal and sells higher capacity magazines, but I don't know if CDI bottom metal and magazines are set up for the magnum cartridges. You might wish to look there as well.

Does the trophy hunter have the composite magazine floorplate? If so, the mags would be identical to a similar Axis magazine.
If your magazine has a metal floorplate, let me know and I can move this to "Savage 110-based Centerfire Rifles" section.

It has the compost floor plate

thomae
05-20-2013, 02:05 PM
In that case, if you can find one made for the Axis, it will also fit your rifle.

(I presume you meant composite, not compost. )

bloombloom88
05-20-2013, 02:18 PM
Yep that's what I meant lol. So all I have to do is find a axis .300 win mag magazine and it will fit my rifle?

thomae
05-20-2013, 06:44 PM
Correct...but I don't know if anyone makes a high capacity Axis magazine in that caliber.

bloombloom88
05-20-2013, 06:47 PM
I'll look around and see what I can find, hopefully ill have a little luck

handirifle
06-07-2013, 11:45 AM
Why don't you know a Hi Cap magazine is evil? It will cause you to become "radicalized" and you may do insane things to innocent people.....

At least that's what they try to tell us!