PDA

View Full Version : vortex diamondback

shooter177
01-27-2010, 09:46 PM
anyone using a vortex diamondback, iam thinking about geting one 4-12x40 with the BDC reticle any imput would be great ,you guys seem to use these alot more then we do around here and to think i live only one houre away from the factory but cant seem to get my hands on one of them any way
Thaks Shooter177

dbk84
01-27-2010, 10:25 PM
I have that same scope and its ok. I paid right around 200 dollars for mine. The only thing I dont really care for on mine is eye position is critical. If you are not perfectly behind it you cant see through it, and eye relief is a little closer than I like. I have a few leupolds and am used to those, and so i am getting used to the diamondback still, as far as repeatability and holding zero have not been a problem.

22BVGord
02-10-2010, 11:21 PM
I really liked this scope for my tikka 223/8 twist but it seemed just to fussy as regards the eye. It was the plex reticle and I couldn't find the compensating reticle. I ended up buying a Bushnell Legend 5-15/40 with a mil dot reticle and AO. It was the best one that fit my needs - including the budget - and I really wanted the mil dot. Thanks for all the opinions, thoughts, & comments regards scopes in general - it has been a great help.