PDA

View Full Version : B-Mag Series: B MAG torture

Pages : [1] 2 3

Monkeymaster
05-17-2013, 12:53 PM
WHERES THE B MAG ????
WHY ARE THEY DOING THIS TO US.
uuuggghhh
Waiting for this rifle is as bad as waiting for the current president to finish his term.
I have B MAG Fever.
Savage help us, release the b mags

J.Baker
05-17-2013, 10:04 PM
Take two Ritalin and call me in the morning.

It's pretty standard for new models not to show up on the dealers shelves until mid summer or even late summer. Given the insanity in the industry as of late I would think it will likely be closer to late summer before we see them.

limige
05-17-2013, 11:17 PM
been too busy selling the company???

J.Baker
05-18-2013, 12:01 AM
What's the difference if the guns came out two months ago or tomorrow? In either case you wouldn't be able to shoot them as the ammo isn't shipping yet either.

Monkeymaster
05-18-2013, 08:59 AM
Well,
I usually get this way when I have not purchased a new rifle for a while. Was about to pull the trigger on a 17 hmr Savage bolt gun, but I think the 17 wsm rimfire and the B Mag rifle will be a several steps up in all catagories, so I deceided to allocate the funds to the B mag.
I know that they said May, June for 1st shipments, so I was hoping they actually got it right.
Speaking of shipping out.
Does anyone know the magic number of rifles they hold before shipping out?
100 rifles ? 500 ? 1000 ? ect.
Then, does anyone know if they "choose" who gets them, or do they go to a wholesale company 1st, then the retailers ?
Thanks

Creed Bennett
05-18-2013, 07:24 PM
I used to be a Ruger fanatic. They were supposed to bring out the P-85 and the GP-100 in the mid 80's. I think it was '87 or '88 before they came out. Now Ruger introduces a product and it's on the shelf in a week. They don't work, but it only takes a week. I'd rather Savage spend a little extra time on the B Mag and get it right the first time. I no longer am a Ruger fan. I've never seen such horrible QC in my life. I've now come over to the dark side. I love my Savage products!

JCalhoun
05-19-2013, 11:41 PM
If only Savage made a decent .22 target pistol. :rolleyes:

Jim,

Are the B Mags being made in Canada? Just curious.

J.Baker
05-20-2013, 08:55 AM
I doubt it as it's a totally new design that shares nothing with the existing rimfire rifles.

plinkin
05-24-2013, 10:04 PM
What's the difference if the guns came out two months ago or tomorrow? In either case you wouldn't be able to shoot them as the ammo isn't shipping yet either.

I spoke to Paul at Winchester Ammo 2 days ago. He is one of the tech service CSR's. He said the ammo is shipping next week after Memorial Day. He also said they have orders for 13,000,000 rounds. 13 MILLION...WOW.

I also call Savage every other week asking about the B.Mag and I am beginning to have a buddy there, Andrew, who has helped me out with a few minor issues. He has told me they will be at distributors & retailers by the end of June 2013 which is still within the target Q2 2013 release. I went further to ask him today if they were actually being built, have some already built, packed & ready to ship. Yes on all accounts.

This time last year I was buying 17 Hornet ammo and didn't get the rifle I wanted until after Christmas. Be patient young padawan.

plinkin
05-24-2013, 10:06 PM
Well,
I usually get this way when I have not purchased a new rifle for a while. Was about to pull the trigger on a 17 hmr Savage bolt gun, but I think the 17 wsm rimfire and the B Mag rifle will be a several steps up in all catagories, so I deceided to allocate the funds to the B mag.
I know that they said May, June for 1st shipments, so I was hoping they actually got it right.
Speaking of shipping out.
Does anyone know the magic number of rifles they hold before shipping out?
100 rifles ? 500 ? 1000 ? ect.
Then, does anyone know if they "choose" who gets them, or do they go to a wholesale company 1st, then the retailers ?
Thanks

The biggest distributors get them 1st and then it trickles down through the smaller & the Savage directs.

plinkin
06-04-2013, 11:47 PM
I felt up a B.Mag today at my favorite local gun shop.

Willy
06-20-2013, 08:25 PM
The B Mag is now on the Savage website....

Creed Bennett
06-20-2013, 09:28 PM
They announced it on FaceBook yesterday too.

plinkin
06-20-2013, 09:38 PM
...and for those who haven't heard, I have a box of 25gr 17WSM. They arrived today. ~glee~

Willy
06-21-2013, 09:13 AM
I'm going to wait a while to see if they make a camo model. Recently I bought a Model 25 in 22 Hornet and then a few months later Savage came out with the 25 in camo. If I had known I would have waited for the camo which I like much, much, much better than the regular ugly stock, so this time I'm going to wait and see. Besides, I hope Winchester, or someone, comes out with a much improved 20 or 22 caliber rimfire....soon. I think a 17 caliber is fine for feathers (birds, magpies and crows), but too small for fur (varmints).

plinkin
06-21-2013, 11:12 AM
I'm going to wait a while to see if they make a camo model. Recently I bought a Model 25 in 22 Hornet and then a few months later Savage came out with the 25 in camo. If I had known I would have waited for the camo which I like much, much, much better than the regular ugly stock, so this time I'm going to wait and see. Besides, I hope Winchester, or someone, comes out with a much improved 20 or 22 caliber rimfire....soon. I think a 17 caliber is fine for feathers (birds, magpies and crows), but too small for fur (varmints).

Willy I have no issues dispatching large woodchucks with my HMR at out to 180 yards. Shot placement does help though.

Have you called Savage to ask how much the camo stock is?

stangfish
06-21-2013, 11:16 AM
Im going to get my wife one of these. A real man would not even shoot rimfire. Well that is unless you have a Suhl thus allowing me to keep my mancard.:bolt:

plinkin
06-21-2013, 11:55 AM
A real man would not even shoot rim fire.

I find that offensive but then I realise that I am a confident man and whether I am shooting any of my many rim fire rifles or handguns or center fire rifles, handguns or shotguns, it is not how big it is it is how you stay on the center of the target. That is all I have to say about that.

stangfish
06-21-2013, 04:05 PM
As long as you are comfortable in a dress and high heels who cares!

Monkeymaster
06-21-2013, 06:09 PM
Who is getting them 1st ?
Any Ideas ?