PDA

View Full Version : Why I like IMR 4350 in my 30.06....

Pages : 1 [2]

drybean
05-21-2013, 09:33 PM
Frank that is some great shooting & 1 great looking rifle
Stay well, drybean

fgw_in_fla
05-21-2013, 10:14 PM
Frank that is some great shooting & 1 great looking rifle
Stay well, drybean

Anything look familiar on it?....
Later.

big honkin jeep
05-21-2013, 10:17 PM
So let us know when the 200yd results are in :)

eddiesindian
05-22-2013, 11:08 AM
With the low charge I'm using, there's probably another accuracy node a little higher up. If powder wasn't so hard to find, I just might experiment a little.
I'm a little curious on the velocity of the charge I'm using, too. I need to make friends with somebody at the range that has a chrono.

roger that. theres another threshold for sure but the way I look at it. Unless your a hunter/long distance target shooter, then theres no need to up the speed/pressure espcially since youve found your barrels harmonics at lower speeds.
If you have a 20moa base?. then the better. but for now?....IMO, youve hit pay dirt. keep doing what your doing. lengthen your tubes life and save some money and still hit your objectives.
Once you find out what the speed is, and do your homework on ballistics and drop, then you,ll hit out to distance for sure.
Im running 150,s as well and If get mine burnning out the barrel at about 2780-2800fps, then I can reach out to 1K without a 20moa base and hit 8"x4" steels.

fgw_in_fla
05-22-2013, 11:56 AM
So let us know when the 200yd results are in :)

If this aggravating miserable rain doesn't stop soon I'm going to have to grow webbed feet. Maybe take up scuba diving instead of shooting.
We're in that typical spring / summer pattern. Everyday I pack up my gear, check the weather maps & unpack my gear.
I'm hoping in the next day or two this will blow out & we'll back to normal. Whatever normal is these days....

yobuck
05-22-2013, 12:27 PM
i wish there was a way here i could add smily faces and such when i post.
but here goes anyway.
would you let me pick the day for those 1k shots with that 06? (smiling)
if you had 3 days for a long range hunt in december would the 06 be your choice? (smiling)
by long range lets say 600 and beyond.

fgw_in_fla
05-22-2013, 12:36 PM
I like the 30.06 & have it tuned pretty good so far BUT....

My 25.06 is insanely accurate with 85's, 100's & 117's...

I hardly shoot it anymore because it boring. Only when it's necessary to prove a point or showing off, etc. The only problem, as I see it, I'd need a little help carrying it. It weighs just a wee bit more than my 30.06.
All points considered. it would be a toss up on which rifle to use.

AAhhhh ... What the heck. Bring 'em both.

drybean
05-22-2013, 05:43 PM
yep,I reconize the parts
glad they worked out

drybean