PDA

View Full Version : HS Precision Stock

romad97
05-15-2013, 09:17 PM
Will these stocks work with the newer style actions that have the bolt release on the front of the trigger guard?

bodywerks
05-15-2013, 09:43 PM
It will require some mild inletting, as the trigger guard is wider than what it is currently inletted for. Other than that it should be no problem.
But unless you are looking at one priced too well to pass up, go with McMillan or manners.

romad97
05-15-2013, 09:57 PM
What about the side where the older style actions had the bolt release? Is there a gap there?

bodywerks
05-15-2013, 10:23 PM
Yes. I mean if you're talking about an hs precision stock off a savage hs precision. If you went directly to them I'm sure they could do whatever inletting you want.

stangfish
05-16-2013, 06:34 AM
It takes about .025 per side(maybe a little less) stock removal to get it to work. I set it up to do the depth of the gaurd inlet. I then remove some material off the sliding stamped steel with a dremel to make it work. If you dont modify one or the other, it will damage the stock.

romad97
05-16-2013, 09:01 PM
Yes. I mean if you're talking about an hs precision stock off a savage hs precision. If you went directly to them I'm sure they could do whatever inletting you want.

HS will actually inlet the stock for you? Any idea how much they would charge for that?

bodywerks
05-16-2013, 09:37 PM
You'd have to call them, but I'm sure they'd be reasonable. But again, I'm talking about if you ordered one fresh from them. And if i were ordering a stock it wouldn't be an hs precision. Manners and McMillan make a far better stock.