PDA

View Full Version : SAVAGE M10 BA .308 stock installation and torque setting

gunny
05-15-2013, 04:19 PM
I remember shooting 1/2'' groupings at 200 yards with good match grade ammo with this rifle. I adjusted the trigger and reinstalled the stock and now I am shooting consistent 1.5'' groupings at 200 yards. The only variable I can think of is I installed the stock wrong with the wrong torque recommendations.

Does anybody have good installation instructions for this particular stock?

mudpig
05-17-2013, 12:34 PM
Try this out. I think they will help.

Chris

http://www.accurateshooter.com/technica ... ue-tuning/

http://www.sniperforums.com/forum/rifles/36193-savage-110ba-338-action-recoil-lug-block-screw-tensions.html

gunny
05-18-2013, 02:52 PM
reading these instructions, it looks like the wedge screw stays at 10 INLB's that seems rather low of a torque setting.

???

gunny
05-20-2013, 10:52 PM
Proper Adjustment of The AccuStock
There is a specific technique for assembling the action into the AccuStock, and it needs to be strictly adhered to as follows:

1. Ensure that the recoil lug “wedge” screw is backed out to the point where the wedge has sufficient vertical movement to allow the recoil lug to seat against the bottom of the aluminum rail.

2. With the action inserted into the stock, justify the action toward the rear of the stock to allow the recoil lug on the action to be seated against the boss on the aluminum rail.

3. Tighten the forward most screw to 10 in.-lbs. to seat the action against the aluminum rail boss, then back out one-half turn.

4. Tighten the middle action screw to 10 in.-lbs.

5. Tighten the rear action screw to 10 in.-lbs.

6. Tighten the forward action screw to 10 in.-lbs

Repeat steps four through six and increase torque value in increments up to a final torque value of 40 to 45 in.-lbs.

Note: It is extremely important to tighten per the instructions above because when you are tightening the action down into the AccuStock you are spreading the aluminum side rails and evenly moving the action down onto the base of the rail, ensuring positive engagement.

—Chris Bezzina, Savage Arms

I am super confused about this, can someone please chime in here. there are 2 action screws and 1 wedge screw in the savage BA 10 stock.

the way this reads to me is the 2 action screws get torqued 40-45 inch pounds. and the wedge screw stays at 10 inch pounds.?

is this correct?

rjtfroggy
05-21-2013, 06:07 AM
The way I read it all 3 get the same.

thomae
05-21-2013, 06:46 AM
rjtfroggy is correct.
Follow the instructions and torque all fasteners to 10 inch pounds.
Repeat steps 4, 5, & 6, but increase your torque value to 20 inch pounds on each fastener.
Repeat steps 4, 5, & 6, but increase your torque value to 30 inch pounds on each fastener.
Repeat steps 4, 5, & 6, but increase your torque value to 40 inch pounds on each fastener.
Repeat steps 4, 5, & 6, but increase your torque value to whatever you decide is your optimum final torque value.

thirty06
05-21-2013, 08:26 AM
I believe most on here throw the wedge away (Savage did) and the problem goes away.
It costs only a little ammo to find out.