PDA

View Full Version : 10ML/10ML-II: Stockys Thumbhole LHRB for Savage 10ML-II

TechHunter
01-27-2010, 03:56 PM
Has anybody mounted a Savage 10ML on a 'LHRB' (LHRB = 'Left Hand-Right Bolt' )thumbhole stock from Stockys? It appears as if that is about the only choice for a Right Bolt gun for a leftie like me. My concern is that their page clearly states "Not the best choice for heavy varminters or bulls" and the 10ML barrel contour should be about the same diameter as a varminter (I think). Any input on this?

rjtfroggy
01-29-2010, 10:15 AM
Give Stocky's a call they will tell you what fits, may have to hit redial a few times but they will be up front with you.You can also call Savage and see what they have available,1-800-370-0708 ext 6 ask for Effie she should be able to help you.
There are also a couple vendors here that could probably help Northland,SSS and probably a few more. Doesn't hurt to call.

TechHunter
01-29-2010, 11:15 AM
Thanks Froggy,
It ain't easy being a lefty and wanting a lefty thumbhole for a right-action muzzleloader. I know that Richards Microfit will make me one like that but I dont want to go that route after all the feedback I've read from them. I measured the barrel channel at home (have a sporter size tupperware stock) and "it appears" as if it might work. I guess I will need to talk to them personally, I just dont want to leave a very thin forearm on a hunting rifle.

TesTed
02-11-2010, 12:31 AM
Hmm looking at the same issue here recently purchased a Model: 12 VLP DBM with plans of getting a LHRB thumbhole from stockys myself til I read what was staed in the first post.I've tried contacting Stocky's to ask them about this and what options I may have but I haven't been able to get thru to them keep getting an operator type message saying call didn't go thru.

TechHunter
02-11-2010, 08:12 PM
Will let you know in a couple of weeks as soon as I get my gun back. Am having the stock fitted and glass beded and I also ordered a third pillar installed (this prevents point of impact shifting when you remove the bolt for cleanup.) I looked at it and it seems it will be just fine, only less wood will be left around the barrel.