PDA

View Full Version : mod 12 magazine mod

x-hunter
05-13-2013, 02:22 PM
I recently purchased a mod 12 and have a question about the magazine. It would not feed the last round well as the bolt would pass right over it. I called the company. It's great that they will talk to you on the phone but was a bit confused when the lady it needed to be adjusted. I wasn't aware this was an option, she told me there are not instructions for this procedure, you just bend the mag with pliers until it works right. I seem to have it "adjusted" now but would rather load one at a time on the bench anyway. I only own two other clip fed bolts and they don't like to be loaded like this either. I read somewhere that you can buy an accesory that allows you to hand feed from the top with the clip in or it replaces the clip and puts the bullet where it needs to be so the bolt can feed it in properly. Is there such a thing?

bootsmcguire
05-13-2013, 03:38 PM
Yes there are such devices. They are called single shot followers. If you have a Stagger-feed magazine then you need a Score High:

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/301807/score-high-bench-rest-single-shot-follower-savage-long-or-short-action-22-250-remington-243-winchester-308-winchester-aluminum

and if you have a centerfeed, then you need one from SSS:

www.sharpshootersupply.com

The centerfeed one goes in place of the mag, and the staggerfeed one goes inside the mag ontop of the follower. Either one is very easy to install, and can be removed to return to using the magazine.

x-hunter
05-13-2013, 03:56 PM
Thanks a bunch!

Savage13
05-13-2013, 04:20 PM
I happen to own a M12 LRP that I converted over to a single shot after I dropped a Bobby Hart LRH stock in to it. What I did with the stock was to spray some foam instilation in to the " mag void" of the stock so that the follower would have a nice lil "bed" to sit on. The other option is to just let it sit on the spring of the mag after you disasemble it. I didnt like having it on the spring so much because when I take it apart to clean the gun (have to because the cleaning rod rubs on the cheeck weld of the stock if I don't) it was a PAIN to reasemble it. I will do this again to the next Bobby Hart stock I purchase for what ever rifle I end up getting.