PDA

View Full Version : Redfields

Pages : [1] 2

Tack
05-13-2013, 05:02 AM
Hi all, just wondering if anyone has any experience with the new redfield battle zone or the revolution series? I bought an axis as a package but scope never turned up so I need to buy one
Thanks
Tack

yobuck
05-13-2013, 09:40 AM
they havent been around all that long so there wont be any long term users.
they are made by leupold so thats a plus. i have one of the 3x9 revolutions
on a 22 mag that i bought directly from leupold. reason being i wanted a 50 yd
setting on the parralex. so far it seems to be a decent scope at least for the type use
i give it.
you wont be able to mention a scope name without having good and bad comments
about them. fact is though there are lots of good choices at reasonable prices.
my grandson has a 4x16 nicon buckmaster on his savage 308 and it works very well.
we do alot of up and down dialing with it and for 3 years its worked flawlessly.

J.Baker
05-14-2013, 02:58 PM
We just posted a review of the new 3-9x40mm BattleZone on the homepage, but you need to be a paid member to access it.

davemuzz
05-14-2013, 03:28 PM
I know this doesn't help your scope question, but it may help your Redfield quality question. I believe it was two years ago, but it may have been three, that I bought a Redfield Renegade Binocular 10x50mm Porro Prism. The only problem I had with them was the front screw "Redfield" came off and I fixed it using locktite. The Bino's are crisp and clear and no Pa. Groundhog escapes their view!!! A great buy for $100!!!

Oh.....do the paid membership deal for $15. Best deal on the Al Gore interwoven net you can find!! (Even better than the Redfiled Bino's!!!)

J.Baker
05-14-2013, 08:29 PM
Hey Dave, regarding that front screw that came off....if it's the one dead center on the bino's in the front it's supposed to come off so you can attach a tripod adapter like this one from Leupold.

http://www.leupold.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Bino_Tripod_Adpt_web-514x530.jpg?bbd78c

davemuzz
05-15-2013, 08:24 AM
Oh.....yeah.....UMMMMM....I knew that. Ummm....well, I just didn't want to lose mine so locktite seemed to be a good idea at the time. Yeah....that's it!!

yobuck
05-15-2013, 10:03 AM
maybe too much iorn city that day? lol.

yobuck
05-15-2013, 10:33 AM
being a recent paid member i wasent aware of the home page features.
that alone is a plus for being a paid member. the reveiw of the new redfield
scope was well done. like the author ive never been impressed with those type knobs.
i need scopes for a recently aquired 17 center fire and another 223. my plan was to
send a couple of older leupolds back for knob and reticle upgrades. seeing this could
change my mind on at least one of them. the changes would be more costly than a new redfield scope.

davemuzz
05-15-2013, 11:38 AM
maybe too much iorn city that day? lol.

When I drink......I drink.....something other than Iron City. Actually, I'm not a beer drinker...or not much of one. I'm more of a whisky over rocks kinda guy. Which could explain why I don't read directions???

308law
05-17-2013, 07:50 PM
LOL, that's a good laugh that I needed today, thanks Dave.

piroguejoe
06-04-2013, 06:11 PM
Had a 4-12 redfield revenge on a 7 mag and liked it. Pretty good scope! Took a minute to get it focused but I was very pleased with it. Prolly 500 rnds with it with narry an issue. A friend made me an offer I couldn't pass up for rifle and scope and I let it go. Also their customer service is excellent in my experience. Lost a turret cap and called to buy a replacement and was sent two free of charge.

devildogandboy
06-04-2013, 08:02 PM
We just posted a review of the new 3-9x40mm BattleZone on the homepage, but you need to be a paid member to access it.

yes, I found this to be a very well written and informative article myself. i'm thinking of getting one for my T/C 223.

DrThunder88
06-05-2013, 12:50 AM
I've got a Battlezone on my .308 Axis. Just about the only thing I don't like is the name, which strikes me as a bit mall ninja. I haven't put it through the wringer by any means, but it's a nice bit of glass with precise internals.

cheggie
09-02-2013, 12:29 AM
After a lot of research, the Redfield Revolution are basic Leupold scopes made in Oregon. The Revenge is a less expensive line made in the Phillipines. I lucked up on a used Revolution 33mm 2x7 scope at a gun show last year. It's got a crisp image, precise controls, and it's weatherproof. It's got multi coated lenses, not fully multi coated. It's got a very basic matte finish. I like mine a lot! Great picture, even for a small scope. Lifetime warranty - a lot of good for the money, and one of the only US made scopes out there, besides a regular Leupold.

n4ue
09-04-2013, 09:51 PM
Hi, maybe (?) I mentioned this b4, but couldn't resist...... I have 32+ scopes. I recently replaced a Weaver 'Kaspa" scope with a Redfield Revenge 6-18 AO scope on my B Mag.

To sum it up, it's the BEST $250 scope in my inventory and I'll now use the Weaver for a hammer or a sinker, next time I go 'gator hunting.

Excellent for the $$$

ron

MaineHunter
10-31-2013, 02:39 PM
I have three of the Revolution Redfield scopes and have been very satisfied with them both in the 2x7 and 3x9 configurations

wbm
10-31-2013, 03:30 PM
Have a Redfield Revenge and like it a lot. Put it on a 7MM Magnum with a brake and put it through the box etc. I am impressed so far.

n4ue
10-31-2013, 03:54 PM
Yep, I like my Revenge a LOT. It's on my B Mag, so recoil is NOT a problem...
WBM, what model did you get? I have the 6-18X44 AO with the Varmint Reticle. Mil Dot (or plex) would have been OK. I just got the model that was available at the time....
Just before that, I bought a Weaver Kaspa, it was a huge disappointment, but after all, it's a $125 scope....

ron

davemuzz
10-31-2013, 04:33 PM
Yep, I like my Revenge a LOT. It's on my B Mag, so recoil is NOT a problem...
WBM, what model did you get? I have the 6-18X44 AO with the Varmint Reticle. Mil Dot (or plex) would have been OK. I just got the model that was available at the time....
Just before that, I bought a Weaver Kaspa, it was a huge disappointment, but after all, it's a $125 scope....

ron

Yeah….I keep telling people…Don't put a $20 scope on anything that is chambered in "Magnum"…'cause for sure it's not gonna last much longer than the bullet getting half-way down the barrel. But you know….some people just need to experience life to the fullest.

Dave

big honkin jeep
10-31-2013, 04:57 PM
The Revolution is good to go. Have had a 3-9x50 with the accurange reticule on a .270 hunting rig since they first came out with no issues. Really nice for the price and the Assembled in USA by American workers part doesn't hurt my feelings any.
I have a Battlezone new in the box on my shelf but haven't shot with it yet. Several .308s and I haven't made up my mind which one to put it on. Seems I never get time to shoot for fun anymore.
Thanks Mr.F for the Battlezone review, I hope mine performs as well with the .308 reticule as the one you tested. Hopefully I'll get to shoot it soon.