PDA

View Full Version : Opinion on stockade stocks

romad97
05-12-2013, 09:06 AM
What is the general concensus on stockade stocks? Are they pretty good or are there better products for the price? I am needing a stock for a new savage short action centerfeed with DBM. Looking for more of a hunter style stock as opposed to a tactical style.

dolomite_supafly
05-12-2013, 10:15 AM
They make a great stock for the money. The best part is they make them to YOUR specifications. When I had mine built I had them add an inch to LOP.

Kevin is also a great guy to talk to and is very knowledgeable about his stock as well as Savage firearms in general.

You cannot go wrong with Stockade.

Dennis
05-12-2013, 11:23 AM
They make a great stock for the money. The best part is they make them to YOUR specifications. When I had mine built I had them add an inch to LOP.

Kevin is also a great guy to talk to and is very knowledgeable about his stock as well as Savage firearms in general.

You cannot go wrong with Stockade.

+1, great products

romad97
05-12-2013, 01:06 PM
Are they better than the HS Precision pro varminter? If so, please elaborate as to why.

Dennis
05-12-2013, 07:57 PM
Both are great stocks. JMO

I have both of them and have no issues with either. Prices are very similar.

Stockade offers different pricing levels, just depends how much you want to work on it.

Dennis

dolomite_supafly
05-12-2013, 08:25 PM
Their money saver stocks take about an hour to get ready for paint. I have had mine for about 5 years now and it will soon wear a coat of truck bed liner as soon as I can get down to LineX.

rattfink
05-12-2013, 08:56 PM
Their money saver stocks take about an hour to get ready for paint. I have had mine for about 5 years now and it will soon wear a coat of truck bed liner as soon as I can get down to LineX.

What kind of paint did you use? And did you use their finishing kit?

stangfish
05-12-2013, 09:46 PM
For an extra 55 bucks you can get the H$S PTS 114 inleted for a DBM

87predator
05-12-2013, 10:33 PM
They are good stocks, and Kevin is a great guy to talk to. I have a woodchuck stock that I'm going to use for a coyote rig. Its a little beefier than most hunting stocks, but not a tactical by any means.

kelbro
05-20-2013, 02:09 PM
I have really been rough on my Stockade and it has held up well. Kevin is a great guy to deal with and will ensure that you get exactly what you need.

mattri
07-08-2013, 08:12 PM
I have a Stockade Prairie Dog/Tactical, and I've had an HS too. To me they really aren't all that comparable, the Stockade is hands down the better stock.

geargrinder
07-08-2013, 10:07 PM
As stated, you can get a Stockade stock in any configuration you want; LOP, barrel channel, finish, blind mag, DBM, recoil pad....etc. Best of all, they can all be had in LH.

Construction wise they are very similar to HS. Gelcoat-fiberglass and foam over an aluminum skeleton spine. Quality is as good or better than HS.

I think Stockade beats HS in price due to the amount of options and configurations for the cost.