PDA

View Full Version : 20 Practical

Pages : 1 [2]

scpaul
01-21-2014, 12:13 PM
Just goes to show some people are range masters and some are range watchers and safty personel.Had similar problem with the report of a handloaded 460 s&w. Saftey master thought because it was soooo loud it was going to blow up. I didn't even tell him they were handloads, would have caused an even bigger problem. Want to have some fun, shoot on an indoor range and watch the looks and comments you get. Paul

liquid
02-09-2014, 12:36 AM
I have been thinking a little about the .20 practical as well, after a comment from a friend who went ballistic at me for selling off my brno 223 601. He wanted it for the said conversion, and I didn't tell him I was selling it off. I have an Edge 223 now, and have been pondering changing over, or buying a new platform to give me both. It is difficult (impractical) for me here in NZ to import a barrel from USA, because of the cost, and having trouble finding a barrel maker to give me what I want. I am thinking of using berger 50grams sp which requires a 1:9 twist. This round would be used on goat shooting, thus the need for a heavier round for the larger animal. I think it would be a hoot to shoot in this capacity. Thought would be great. Les