PDA

View Full Version : cbi barrel lead time

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

5spd
09-04-2013, 05:14 PM
They refused a batch of steel as it didn't meet their specs/requirements from the info I got when I called one time about my bbl.
I sold my 20p barrel after a week of breaking it in, (that was fast) shooting it on 2 p-dog shoots, then felt "un-impress" with it.
My .223 rigs do 100% better in the winds and making p-dogs spin in the air.
All that time I thought it was going to be the super cal I though of....nope!
ON to my next project...who knows what that may be.

Tackdriver
10-27-2013, 11:10 PM
Any current reports? Now that the bad steel batch and big move is over, are they caught up to a reasonable wait?

jdpenterprises
10-28-2013, 04:05 PM
I am at 16 weeks today, which is what was estimated. No call yet, but hopefully soon. I'm anxious.

GSRswapandslow
11-12-2013, 04:12 PM
I'm at 12 weeks today on my 223ai remage.....I was told 12-14 weeks, I THINK.... I honestly can't remember. I guess I should settle in for the wait after seeing the other wait times. Mines a "custom" ordered 24" that's threaded for my can.

jdpenterprises
11-12-2013, 10:23 PM
Got the call today. It shipped and should arrive Friday. Will b about 18.5 weeks total. Stoked.

USMarine1108
11-26-2013, 09:16 PM
I just saw this thread but ironically, I called Jim about the time this thread started to see what he had on the shelf. He had what I wanted (26" .223 1/8) but in a Wylde chamber. I figured I'd give it a try even though it wasn't my original intent. I shot it for the first time last week and it shot GREAT! Point is, give Jim a call and see what he has on the shelf.

GSRswapandslow
12-14-2013, 03:10 PM
16 weeks....no call yet :-/

GSRswapandslow
12-31-2013, 12:12 PM
19 weeks as of today....I'm getting excited since I know the call will be coming soon!

Rustydust
01-06-2014, 03:29 AM
For those that are still waiting for their CBI barrel please be assured that they are worth the wait.

I got mine in .204 Ruger sometime in the spring. I took it to the gunsmith and had him thread the end of the barrel for my HTG Aris suppressor before installing it on my Savage 12. If I was supposed to break it in or not I don't remember but all I know is that right from the get-go it was shooting half inch groups with anything that I stuffed in it. Sure not something the OEM Savage barrel would do!

Hitting 400 yard pasture poodles with it a few months ago was a snap. It really was. And because of the can on the end of it most of the pooches did not dive for their holes when I started shooting it. Matter of fact, none of them were diving at all but a whole lot of them were flying instead! Great combo! It got a lot more use this last June than either my standard .223 or my .17 Remington did.