PDA

View Full Version : Savage Model 110 J

wildwv
01-26-2010, 05:58 PM
Any of you use 1, they any good? Have a chance to get 1 at a fair price and am wondering if I should know anything before shelling out the cash. It is in a 22-250. Thanks

dcloco
01-26-2010, 06:25 PM
Nothing wrong with these.

Varmint stock and barrel by chance?

Repeater or single shot?

CJ in WY
01-26-2010, 06:36 PM
Only two drawbacks I can think of.
#1 The stocks have a different hole spacing...........The 110 stocks will not fit them.

#2 The scope mounts are spaced different too.......It takes the Mid length one piece base.

Not really all that rare but generaly good shooters.

pdog06
01-26-2010, 06:45 PM
Go ahead CJ, show him your collection...LOL

dcloco
01-26-2010, 06:51 PM
#1 The stocks have a different hole spacing...........The 110 stocks will not fit them.

#2 The scope mounts are spaced different too.......It takes the Mid length one piece base.

38 minutes....CJ has not beat his own personal best yet. :)

sinman
01-26-2010, 06:55 PM
I have one in 308 that im going to sell just because I haven't shot it and don't plan on it either. otherwise they are great gun.

wildwv
01-26-2010, 07:01 PM
Nothing wrong with these.

Varmint stock and barrel by chance?

Repeater or single shot?

Yes it is a Varminter barrel and stock,not sure if it is single shot but the gun is in great shape and has bases and rings Dove Tail style) with a Tasco 6-24 scope(Japan model) Do any of you know a ballpark value.

dcloco
01-26-2010, 07:05 PM
Welll...that scope can sell for up to $200 (to the right person). Usually in the $100-150 range though.

The varmint model J's usually command a bit more than the standard model J's. Have seen prices from $300 (smokin deal!!) to $550 for rifle only.

With the scope/rings/bases/varmint model J....$400 would be a very good deal.

Remember though...if this is a 22/250 or 220 Swift....plan on the barrel being shot out....regardless of what the owner claims.

wildwv
01-26-2010, 07:07 PM

CJ thank you for the information on the stock but that is the reason I want the gun so bad. I wanted an older Savage Varminter I like the newer ones but wanted a classoc.

Fjold
01-26-2010, 09:43 PM
I've been shooting a left handed J action since 1985 and have worn out 3 different barrels. Fred is building me a stock for it right now.

CJ in WY
01-27-2010, 07:00 AM
Seams the secret is out.......I'm a J action fan. Kinda hard to not like the "Poor boys Cooper"
Like Dcloco pointed out though the barrel might be used, the good news is any small shank barrel will fit....the two holes on the top of the barrel dont often get used anyway and who would miss the sawed off crown job?

Go ahead CJ, show him your collection...LOL

Well I is kinda proud ofem...Even if they are 112s/
http://photos.imageevent.com/cjnmn/guns/websize/09outandabout%20222.jpg

38 minutes....CJ has not beat his own personal best yet.
My J notifier was a little slow today,I see you still beat me to it though Tom ;D

wildwv
01-27-2010, 04:36 PM
Well I purchased the gun so this makes my 3rd Savage. It will ship out Monday so maybe next week I will put up some pics. Thanks for all the help and photos you all have provided. I guess my next step will be shooting it to see how it does, sounds like I may be on the hunt for a new barrel. I new it wouldnt take me very long to get the addiction!!LOL