PDA

View Full Version : almost new rifle

nockhunter
05-08-2013, 12:23 AM
OK, I finally found a basis for my rifle build. I am in the process of getting a "H" prefix Stevens .243win. I checked the "stickey" and know it was built sometime after 01/01/2010.
Now, what am I getting? Is it center, or stagger feed and what types of stocks will fit it? Scope mounts? I assume it is a small shank barrel, right? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Mike

palerider338
05-08-2013, 12:50 PM
Stagger feed....small shank.

1 pc rails from EGW, Millett, Ferrell, Warne, Weaver....all good depending on height you want for scope bell clearance.

Rings...Burris Z, Burris Extreme tactical, etc. depending on the weight of your scope.

Aftermarket stocks from Boyd's, Stockade, Stocky's Stocks and others ... all good depending on what your budget is.

Trigger....can tweak the existing one or drop in aftermarket ones from Rifle Basix or SSS.

Scopes...depends on what your using the rifle for and at what distances.

Order of priority : Stock, bedding job, trigger work then see what kind of accuracy you get with the factory barrel. At that point you can decide if you need/want a better barrel.

See my Pic Post on what can be done for relatively little $$$$ and have a good shooter.
http://www.savageshooters.com/showthread.php?24417-Stevens-200-Diamond-in-the-rough

sharpshooter
05-08-2013, 01:53 PM
Any rifle with a serial# above G800000 will be a center feed.

palerider338
05-08-2013, 04:53 PM
Any rifle with a serial# above G800000 will be a center feed.

Learn something new every day. Thanks Sharpshooter.

nockhunter
05-18-2013, 11:34 PM
Thanks for the info. I picked up the rifle the other day, I can't wait to start my build.

Mike