PDA

View Full Version : In search of Pistol Grip stock

Nandy
05-06-2013, 05:42 PM
I am looking for a new stock for the new LA 110 I got recently. This will be a blind magazine stock for a stagger feed gun. It should be able to hold a varmint barrel or at least be able to be modified to do that. I strongly prefer pistol grip stocks almost to the point of excluding anything else. Trying to keep it under $200.00. I have a Choate Varmint Stock on a similar action but I am looking for something a little lighter but I cant find anything else Choate Varmint Stock will be... I like these thumbhole stock made by boyds:

http://media.midwayusa.com/productimages/880x660/primary/794/794016.jpg

I would probably get the varmint version of it but I could not find a picture that I could attach here since at my office boyds website is blocked... The price of $99.00 is also good but I have to ask, is there anything else similar out there? This rifle is going to be used for hunting mostly so I dont care about the color of the wood much and I am very open to synthetic stocks. Last thing I want is a $300 plus stock to be used in a hunting rifle that has the likelihood to get banged up the very first day of the season.

The next action is going to be a SA and it is going to be the same idea. Like I said, Boyds seems to be a good choice but there might be another stock that I am missing...

Thanks!

Nandy
05-07-2013, 10:26 PM
I ordered their varmint stock today. I was a bit in a hurry and order the wrong color so I messed up and they apparently dont have a way to change your order once you put it in other than cancel the entire order... Kinda archaic system if you ask me... I will probably paint it, we shall see once it arrive...

bootsmcguire
05-07-2013, 11:07 PM
What color did you end up ordering?

Nandy
05-07-2013, 11:55 PM
I got applejack but wanted the Forest Camo...

bootsmcguire
05-08-2013, 06:02 PM
Ahh. The Applejack does look nice though. I like the Blue/Grey one myself (can't remember its name at this moment, "Sky" is coming to mind). Really if your using your gun for anything but Predators, I can't imagine that color would hurt any, but as you said it isn't what you wanted. Who knows, maybe it will grow on you.

Nandy
05-08-2013, 09:02 PM
I end up calling and cancelling the order. The more I thought the more I was convinced that I should not end up getting something I did not wanted...

bootsmcguire
05-08-2013, 10:17 PM
Nothing wrong with that. You should get what you want and pay for. Did you go ahead and get the one you wanted on the way?

Nandy
05-09-2013, 03:40 PM
Waiting on the cancellation to go thru but if it goes after tomorrow I won't be able to get it until next month.