PDA

View Full Version : Re-Finishing older Model 110

sandog
05-06-2013, 03:49 PM
I bought another left hand 110, this one is a 110 DL in .270. It was made back in the late 80's. The guy I bought it from said he had only put 40 or 50 rounds through it, but he had carried it on a few hunts. There was some peeling of the finish on the cheekpiece, the stock was stained a really light color (like the color of a 2x4), and the checkering was a really bad example of stamped in checkering, deep at one end and shallow at the other. The diamonds were almost non exisitant, really flat, no grip enhancement at all. So I stripped the finish, stained it a dark wanut color, and am now in the process of re- doing the old checkering pattern. It will be much nicer, would post a pic soon, but it says at the bottom of the screen I able not allowed to post attachments. I have Warne Q>D> Maxima rings and bases that will hold a Weaver Grand Slam 4.5-14 AO with ballistic plex reticle. I want to get a spare mag for the rifle, already have .270 dies.

jonbearman
05-06-2013, 05:19 PM
Sounds like you are on the right track.If you reciever is the oddball bolt spacing I would sy go to boyds for a 100.00 or so and get a drop in all done. The stock you have is probably really light in weight and adding a heavier stock might give you a break from heavy recoil is all I would be worried about. You picked a great scope,I own a couple and they are bright and clear.You may want to bed the action and make sure the barrel is free floated.If you become a paying member you can post pictures and see the for sale section for parts you may want to change.