PDA

View Full Version : Terrible trigger trouble

Tack
05-06-2013, 03:02 AM
Hi all, have just got a new axis 7mm-08 youth and have done the spring mod by replacing original spring with small gutter bolt and light spring but the pull is still way too heavy. What do I do next???
Tack

patrolit
05-06-2013, 05:15 AM
Have a look at this. Post of mine on one of our A us forums.

http://www.shooting.com.au/forum/index.php?/topic/38747-a-bit-different-for-the-axis-trigger/page__pid__698318#entry698318

thomae
05-06-2013, 08:04 AM
Be careful when filing or grinding the trigger and sear. From everything I have heard, the surfaces are hardened, but underneath that, the metal is relatively soft. If you remove the hardened surface, you may find that the wear surfaces erode/wear at a relatively fast rate.

jalmeter29
05-06-2013, 10:18 AM
Look for an accu-trigger. Search the forms to find someone that selling or find someone that replaced there accutrigger and ask to buy it form them. The post that I follow to install mine is gone. So if you want more info let me know. You can buy a trigger form some one for around $30 its way cheaper than the timney or rifle basix. if your not sure about the fit. Look up the trigger that the guy your buying the trigger form is putting on his gun and if that trigger can be installed in an axis then it will work in your gun.....with some work.

stangfish
05-06-2013, 10:31 AM
Youtube is your friend.

thomae
05-06-2013, 01:43 PM
The post that I follow to install mine is gone. Actually, it's likely still there, but your settings are limiting you from viewing it because you have told the forum not to display posts and threads that old.

You can set how far back in time you display posts. It's available under your "settings" menu.
The posts aren't usually deleted automatically from the forum.

There is an article (HOW TO: Install an Accutrigger in a Savage Axis rifle (http://www.savageshooters.com/content.php?182-HOW-TO-Install-an-Accutrigger-in-a-Savage-Axis-rifle)) in the "How To" section, but I believe you must be a member to view it. It's $15.00 well spent. Click on "Membership Info" above to see what you get for your money.

:focus:

fgw_in_fla
05-06-2013, 06:22 PM
My .243 Axis had the trigger adjusted nice & soft. Over a few months it seems to have tightened up quite a bit. I had 3 other Axis triggers on hand so, I did a change out. Out of the 3 additional triggers only one loosened up the pull. I find a lot of inconsistency in the Axis triggers.
But, I mean, after all, whaddaya want for $280?.....

I replaced them with the Accutrigger. It's a real easy change out. I'm sorry I didn't do it years ago.

On my 110's, prior to adding accutriggers, I did the polishing stone & oil thing. It helps , just too much trouble unless you like the "rub & measure routine". Gotta take off small amounts at a time & check to operation frequently. But it does work.

Tack
05-06-2013, 06:31 PM
$280???. $660 this side of the pond. And any aftermarket trigger is well over $200 (timney, rifle basix or savage accu). And I don't think buying one from you lot will get through customs. And even if it would, the way all you lot are hogging everything firearm related over there at the moment, I would have to wait till 2020. Lol
Tack

fgw_in_fla
05-06-2013, 06:42 PM
It's good to make friends with a few of the local pawn shop owners....

Plenty of great bargains.

There's one pawn shop 20 miles north of me, the owner calls me when he putting stuff on the rack for sale.
$660 is absurd!!! Especially for an Axis.

Tack
05-06-2013, 06:56 PM
We are a bit remote. Nearest pawn shop is three hours away. And not allowed to deal in firearms. You lot don't know how good you've got it.
Tack

fgw_in_fla
05-06-2013, 07:08 PM
We are a bit remote. Nearest pawn shop is three hours away. And not allowed to deal in firearms. You lot don't know how good you've got it.
Tack

Yes we do.
For now we do. That just might change a bit within the next few years but we'll see. I like to be optimistic on such matters.

patrolit
05-07-2013, 05:49 AM
$280???. $660 this side of the pond. And any aftermarket trigger is well over $200 (timney, rifle basix or savage accu). And I don't think buying one from you lot will get through customs. And even if it would, the way all you lot are hogging everything firearm related over there at the moment, I would have to wait till 2020. Lol
Tack

Tack that price had better be for the camo stainless with scope.... LGS here is $460 ish for blued gun only. I paid $530 for blued scope package....

Tack
05-07-2013, 08:55 PM
Patrolit, that was for youth blued package. I'm still fighting with the trigger. Can't shoot groups better that 2 1/2" ATM.