PDA

View Full Version : Rifle Basix SAV 2 trigger (need someone with access to instructions)

Westcliffe01
05-05-2013, 01:47 PM
I recently acquired a model 12 which had been fitted with a Rifle Basix Sav 2 trigger. As received, the trigger was totally unreliable. Reseting of the sear was spotty and if I slapped the action hard enough it would fire. Unlike the other Rifle Basix triggers, there are no written / PDF instructions for this trigger on their website, and it seems they supply a DVD as part of the trigger package with directions. So that does not help me now, since the seller did not supply the DVD as part of the sale....

I think I have figured out most aspects. One key item is that it appears that 3 pivot pin positions are provided for the trigger pivot. Initially it was in the furthest forward hole and I was unable to get reliable function in this position. I finally moved it back to the rear most hole and by dialing in the spring preload I was able to get what seems to be reliable function at about 2lb trigger pressure.

I would appreciate knowing if there is a particular sequence to the adjustments ? I think that I have the trigger travel adjusted fine. My trigger seems to have a lot of lateral slop (side to side) and one thing that concerns me is that the sear seems to have negative engagement (if the trigger is partially depressed, it will not reset when released). Could that be from wear or maybe someone "messing" with it ? Overall, this does not seem to be nearly as good a trigger as a factory accutrigger on any of my other rifles, so I would find it amazing that someone would pay $150+ for it. By comparison, the $100 Shilen trigger that I fitted to my Remington worked beautifully and I never touched it.

If anyone could help out with the basic adjustment procedure it would be appreciated.

infowlpursuit
05-05-2013, 02:14 PM
Hello, Westcliffe01,

Try the link below. Lower left corner of page has a video to download with all the info RifleBasix thinks that you need. You will need to have Real Player to make it work. Looks like they ship this trigger with a CD instead of written instructions.

http://www.riflebasix.com/index.php?main_page=page&id=6

Bill

Westcliffe01
05-05-2013, 09:02 PM
I have been to that page. The 2 videos are just "clips" not the full instructions. Its a bit wierd, I might have to call them to see if I have to pay for another copy of the DVD.

drybean
05-05-2013, 09:15 PM
I can loan you mine, cannot send it till 5/8

drybean

olddav
05-05-2013, 09:16 PM
side to side slop is not a problem.
not sure what your saying in regard to trigger not resetting
Try relocating the pin to the center position, that is where I have mine at it operates reliably at 14oz.
Perhaps you could post a picture of the sear to see if someone has damaged it.
I will also try to copy the DVD I have and send it to you.