PDA

View Full Version : Stevens 200xp 308 upgrade?

usmc_mwroseberry
01-26-2010, 08:14 AM
I'm trying to figure out which upgrade would help me the most at the moment. I am looking at the B&C Medalist stock and the Bushnell 3200 10x40 Tactical scope. I Currently have a base Stevens 308 with a tupperwear stock and a Bushnell 3x9x40 scope that seams to do ok. I recently installed a EGW 20MOA base which helped at the range shoot I went to over the weekend.

My question is what will give me the most accuracy improvement. I'm leaning towards the stock as I couldn't use my bipod over the weekend due to stock flex even after taking more out of the barrel channel. But I hear very good things about the scope mentioned.

What your guys opinions. (tried the search feature with no luck)

Thanks,
Merritt
SGT USMC vet.

pdog06
01-26-2010, 09:45 AM
Both are very good items.

The Stevens stocks are cheap, so personally I would opt for that(actually, I'd opt for both...LOL). I have a couple of the Medalists and they are very nice. Only thing is it has a varmint barrel channel instead of a sporter channel. It also comes with a Decelerator recoil pad, which is really nice too.

I actually have a Elite3200 10x40Tactical on my Stevens and they are very nice. A 5-15 Elite Tactical is even better.

GaCop
01-27-2010, 08:12 AM
A good varmint weight barrel, a machined recoil lug to replace the factory stamped one, and a Medalist stock glass bedded should be a fine group shooter out to 500 yards with the 10 power scope.

Uncle Jack
01-27-2010, 08:20 AM
Depending upon how the rifle shoots right now, I would improve or exchange the trigger first.

uj

usmc_mwroseberry
01-27-2010, 05:05 PM
I may end up getting both stock and scope. The trigger I think I can work through for the time being. But I'm not sure. It's a big dilema for me at the moment as I want to get into tactical competitions and think both the stock and scope are pretty much required to keep from taking a whoop'n.

Decisions Decisions.

Thanks,
Merritt
SGT USMC vet.

Blue Avenger
01-27-2010, 05:20 PM
temp fix, pour the stock barrel channel full of epoxy to take a bit of flex out of it.

usmc_mwroseberry
01-27-2010, 05:50 PM
Epoxy is an option but only a band-aide. What are the opinions of the Crossfire Series 6-24x50mm AO Riflescope
Mil-Dot Reticle. Are the trunions very good or am I better off going with the bushnell 3200 10x40 tactical?

Thanks for any input you guys have, all input so far has been very helpful.

Thank you,
Merritt