PDA

View Full Version : Savage m10 BA, heavy trigger.

gunny
05-04-2013, 06:33 PM
Having issues with my Savage rifle. I have my Accutrigger set at its lowest setting. But with the force it takes to pull the accutrigger sear back, my trigger feels like a 5 LB trigger. I have been told to snip a coil from the accutrigger spring. But I can’t seem to get the spring out. The top of the spring is somehow held in place

And advice on getting it out? Better yet any pictures would be great.

Berniep
05-04-2013, 09:55 PM
I will be following this thread.
I think the blade in mine pulls harder than any trigger pull I would ever want.
Wasn't sure what all the fuss was about on the whole accutrigger thing, but if it can be improved I might grow to like it.

gunny
05-04-2013, 11:50 PM
I will be following this thread.
I think the blade in mine pulls harder than any trigger pull I would ever want.
Wasn't sure what all the fuss was about on the whole accutrigger thing, but if it can be improved I might grow to like it.

the blade on mine feels just as heavy as the trigger itself.....

bootsmcguire
05-05-2013, 12:54 AM
OP, to remove and clip your accutrigger spring you must remove the trigger. Just pop the E-clip on the triggersretension pin and pull out the pin and the trigger will come out.

There is also a 2nd spring that runs just the "blade" of the accutrigger. It could be clipped as well to lighten that pull or replaced with something lighter. Just be sure you don't modifiy it to a point were it won't return the blade to its home position.

I have clipped a couple of my accutrigger main springs, but have not found it necessary to clip the blade's spring. if you clip any spring, go a 1/2 a coil at a time and test to be sure you have not taken off too much.