PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use BSA tactical scopes?

Pages : [1] 2 3

bdreptiles
03-26-2009, 09:15 PM
I've been considering a BSA because Leupold is just a little pricey. I seen a thing on the Out Doors channel one Wednesday night and they we're talking pretty highly of them. So just wondering if anyone here has personal experience with them.

psharon97
03-26-2009, 09:30 PM
Not with that particular series of scopes, but their optics are very good imo.

laportecharlie
03-26-2009, 09:31 PM
Haven't heard anything good about BSA scopes. Check out Vortex. SSS handles them.
Charlie

trappst
03-26-2009, 10:54 PM
I've never seen on of the "tactical" models but if it's anything like the rest of their products......

It's crap! I've got a few....they work (kinda) but the glass is awful.

There are too many quality scopes out there to limit yourself to BSA and Leupold.

Nikon
Burris
Vortex
Sightron
Weaver
Bushnell 3200/4200 series
Pentax

44magyota
03-26-2009, 10:56 PM
The only good scope BSA makes is for the .22! Other than that its not worth the money buying one.

pa hog
03-26-2009, 11:38 PM
I'd save up and go another route.. But maybe a 3.5-10x50 Sightron SI or a 5-15 Bushnell Legend if you want to save some cash. But don't skimp on your Optics,save up if you have to and buy it once.

10fp
03-27-2009, 12:20 AM
+1 pass

Blue Avenger
03-27-2009, 01:29 AM
Own 1, will never buy another. picture starts to blur half way through the power range. So disappointing, I am not sure I would take a free one home if some one gave it to me.

hitman49
03-27-2009, 11:00 AM
I have a friend who is all about BSA Scopes. He talked me into buying one once and within 2 days I had traded it for something else. They are not even worth the low prices they sell them for. I would pass.

hank440
03-28-2009, 09:57 PM
Have you tried a Falcon Menace scope ? they have a nice 4-14x44mm FFP mil/mil for about $400 and are coming out soon with a 56 and 50 mm versions too

Marlin
03-28-2009, 10:22 PM
Ever try a Super Sniper from SWFA? I have two, a 10x and a 16x and have been VERY pleased with both scopes on my tactical rifles. All this in spite of the fact that their parent company is Tasco (Trashco)! They are NOT a Nightforce or an IOR Valdada but they are very good scopes, especially considering the price.

Savage Lover
03-29-2009, 09:15 PM
P.O.S. You know what that stands for. Don't waste your money. Bushnell Elite 3200 is a great scope and you can get a 3x9 for around $250. BSA=Crap just look through one at a store you'll see how dim and cloudy they are. I wouldn't even put one a pellet gun.
If you heard something "good" about them on the Outdoor Channel it is because that show you were watching is sponsored by BSA.

Nor Cal Mikie
03-30-2009, 09:16 AM
I guess everybody thinks they're junk but me. I've got 3 of them. I'de much rather have a BSA scope on my rifle when it gets knocked off the bench or gets damaged while out on a hunt. For the price, you havn't lost much compared to a higher price unit. I'de rather replace a damaged $100.00 scope than have to pop to replace a $500.00 + scope. And it only needs to hit the ground 1 time. :(
All 3 of my BSA scopes are crystal clear and hold the settings without any problems.
Got a high $$$ Leupold that's been back for repairs 3 times. So much for your QC high $$$ scopes. ;) And it's mounted on a 10/22 no less. I've heard the same BS about the recoil of the 10/22 causing the scope problems? Tell that to my BSA on a M1A! ;D

10fp
03-30-2009, 05:13 PM
Ever try a Super Sniper from SWFA? I have two, a 10x and a 16x and have been VERY pleased with both scopes on my tactical rifles. All this in spite of the fact that their parent company is Tasco (Trashco)! They are NOT a Nightforce or an IOR Valdada but they are very good scopes, especially considering the price.

Don't forget that its also available in a 20x and they have a 10x model with a side focus, otherwise they're rear focus, if i remember right they WERE made by tasco, but swfa bought the rights to the line, and that's why they're only available there.

all that said therye a good optic, solid and durable, and priced reasonably. The glass is good but not the best.

TechHunter
03-30-2009, 06:50 PM
My friend owns one and it is the biggest piece of @rap I have ever seen used as a scope. I cant even find my target at 100 yards. You have several better choices before you get to the price range of the Leupolds, including Nikon Buckmasters and Bushnell 3200, among others. Dont waste your money.
JMHO.

1Shot
03-30-2009, 07:18 PM
..I got 2 junkers in the box now...Won't hold a zero for $hit...Your money... :-X...
..6x24x40 mil-dot..
..8x32x40 mil-dot..

DGD6MM
03-30-2009, 09:50 PM
Save yourself time,money,aggravation-buy a good quality scope the first time. What I've seen in the past that after people buy those bsa's and use them alittle there only good for pounding nails after a time or two of use... Don Dunlap

bdreptiles
03-31-2009, 03:43 AM
Thanks guys I wasnt sure what to take of them. A friend of mine has one of the Super Sniper scopes and loves it so I'll probably look into one of those.

82boy
03-31-2009, 08:59 AM

Not all Tasco's are bad. The ones made before K mart went bankrupt and pulled Tasco down the tubes, and forced them out of business, and another famous brand name bought the Tasco name, the old Tasco's were excellent scopes, especially the made in japan scopes. If you look them up on e-bay you will find they will bring a premium price used. The world class plus scopes will bring 200 to 300 bucks used, as long as they are the older japan made ones. Now Ithat I am done hijacking this thread, now lets get back to the topic.

My experience with BSA is they make excellent paper weights, or a door stop and that is about it. You don't have to buy a Leopold to get a great scope, there are other good scopes for little money. Look at Mueller, Vortex, and Famous Maker Brand scopes, all are excellent scopes for the money. I would easlily put a Vortex up against a Leopold.

DGD6MM
04-01-2009, 04:33 PM
The Weaver T-Series has better optics then the Super Snipers for a little more money and are durable,but the drawback is a 1inch tube.