PDA

View Full Version : Savage 111, 30-06 help please.

Pages : 1 [2]

IronworksTactical
05-12-2013, 02:17 PM
Is the way I understand it too. If the firearm is not changing owners no ffl is needed.

That's the law but some manufacturers may have policy that over rides it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Russ 111
05-12-2013, 05:38 PM
I have personally never heard of any manufacture requiring an ffl to send, or recieve, a firearm for repair. I do know that each manufacturer will have specific policies regarding the shipping of the weapon, so you will want to talk with Savage to find out what their policies.
I have a friend that sent off a Remmingon 710 for recall work. When he got it back the firing pin had been completly disassembled. They stated that they could not ship it with the pin intact. Go figure.

sledgehammer44
05-13-2013, 05:30 PM
I appreciate all the input and offers of assistance guys!! Truly!
So I found on Savages website they give an address and information on how to send a gun in for repair work so I followed that and decided to heck with it and sent them the gun, the replacement wooden stock and a letter detailing what had happened. I just sent it ground UPS so it'll take 5 days or so to get there. On their website is says they will contact me with the cost of repair, so hopefully next week I'll have some new info for you all?
I didn't need an FFL by the way, but USPS wanted nothing to do with fire arms, and the local little UPS store wouldn't do it so I had to take it directly to UPS Hub center to mail it. FYI.
Thanks again everyone and as soon as I hear something I'll post it up.
Leon

Nandy
05-13-2013, 07:37 PM
hmmm, I had no problem sending my rifle to SSS using usps and I told them it was a firearm. I think they sent it back ups but I am not 100% sure.

IronworksTactical
05-14-2013, 09:29 AM
USPS will ship firearms you just need to fill out a very simple half page form. The problem is you end up at some places who are clueless of their own policy so they won't do it. I ship to other FFLs and manufacturers all the time. But what you ran into is more common than not sadly. Keep us informed.

ellobo
05-16-2013, 10:54 PM
I have had nothing but trouble with UPS trying to ship guns. I now use FedEx and never had a problem.

El Lobo

J.Baker
05-16-2013, 11:36 PM
You guys need to stop using USP Stores which are privately owned and can/will implement their own policies regarding firearms.

243LPR
05-17-2013, 08:03 AM
The UPS stores are independently owned and won't even ship stocks or any gun parts. You have to go to a UPS hub,I've had no problem there shipping guns.

sledgehammer44
06-03-2013, 11:07 AM
Just wanted to give you all a quick update. So Savage received the gun on May 20th. I called today as it is exactly 2 weeks later and had not heard from them. I spoke to a representative and she said they replaced the stock, cleaned the gun, inspected it and it had just passed the firing test, so it should be able to ship back to me soon. So I can only assume that it was just the plastic stock that broke, possibly from the front screw not being torqued or weak plastic or I don't know. But it would seem the gun is fine so that's good. As a bonus they are repairing it under warranty as she didn't ask or want any payment information. So all is good!!
Thanks again to all who offered their wisdom and help!
Leon

JW
06-03-2013, 09:44 PM
Thanks for the update
I am glad to hear you will be getting it back soon
Savage customer service is great
Jack

EAW
06-04-2013, 12:37 PM
There is no problem shipping firearms via UPS. Stop going to the stores. Go to the depot and ship from there. Absolutely no problems.