PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Nosler Custom competition 7mm 168 grain HPBT bullets: good? Bad?

thomae
04-30-2013, 06:51 AM
Shooters Pro Shop has these on sale at a good price (Nosler Overruns) and I was wondering if anyone had used these and how they performed.
If I got them, I'd be shooting out of a Stevens 200 7mm-08 factory barrel. (1:9.5 twist)

I'm not trying to start a "What shoots well in your rifle" thread, but rather would appreciate comments on this particular bullet.

Your experience and thoughts are appreciated.

fgw_in_fla
04-30-2013, 07:32 AM
I've been using the Nosler custom comps in all calibers of mine for about a year. I think they do better than Hornady & a lot of Sierras. I believe you should pick up a box & have a go at it. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

The Custom Comps are what I've used to punch a few one hole / 5 round groups. Especially the 223wssm & 25.06. It did especially well with the 96gr NCC's in the 223wssm.
I'm wondering if the 168's aren't too heavy. My 7-08 seemed to do better with lighter bullets like 139's & 140's. I've never tried anything that heavy but given the reputation the custom comps have, I say try it.

Jamie
04-30-2013, 08:34 AM
I used the CC bullets in a 300few WM and great results. Rifle shot 3 inch groups and after lots of work and components it ended shooting perfect little over lapping triangle groups that were in the .25 inch range.