PDA

View Full Version : Leupold Customer Service is over rated

alee18
04-30-2013, 01:22 AM
Hello all,

I would like to keep this as short as possible, Leupold CS is below satisfactory in my book and they don't care to make things right!

I had a set of basic leupold STD bases and rings on my Savage 10, the rear base and ring got damaged under the 308 win recoil, poor quality IMH but for the price I guess thats what I get.

So I called leupold in mid February of 2013 speak with a very nice fellow named Trend Smith and he apologized for my exp. with the rings and tells me to send it in to him for replacement. When I explained to him that I was disappointed with the durability of these bases and rear ring mounting system he agreed to swap them for their dual dovetail rings front and rear. Also change the rings height from high to med at no cost. Im impressed and wowed by the customer service and tell to my self next time I buy a premium optics I will spend extra on the Leuopld glass!

I mail out the package for replacement, delivery tracking says it was delivered on Feb 20th. I wait patiently for about a month checking my mailbox every other day. One month later I call, and ask to be transferred to Trend Smith, a nice lady does so. Call goes to voice mail..
I leave a polite VM with my phone number and asking for him to return my call.
One week later, nothing.. I call back again leave another message asking him to call me back..
I call back in another week asking a nice lady to transfer me to a supervisor or manager on shift, she transferred me to guy name Allen I believe, I leave a VM asking to call me back.
Call back a week later, 2 MONTHS since the package was delivered to Leupold and ask to be transferred to a manager, goes to VM again.
I hang up and call back and spoke with the lady her name started with J don't remember exactly, I explained to her that I have been ignored after leaving multiple voice mails and Im not sure how to feel about your customer service, what going on?
She apologized and assured me that I will be taken care of, she was really nice and promised to talk with the manager call me back the next week and get it all sorted out.

Of course I don't hear back from none of them, I call back agian and said hello this is the guy that called last week and we spoke about ...... she pretends that she has no idea who I am and just transfers me to a tech named Mike where I spend about 20 mins on hold to finally find out that they don't have the bases for savage 10 in stock! Really?? That I can understand, but a simple call back telling me that would have been nice. I asked Mike to ship the rings first since they had them in stock who knows if I will ever see the bases.

Bottom line they dropped the ball in my eyes and I will not be buying their product in the future! I bet I'm the only one who had negative exp since everyone else always raves about their customer service.

Thanks

GSXR
05-03-2013, 12:04 AM
I have a 1900 dollar mark 4 ert mil/mil scope first focal plane with tmr reticle. Now I like the scope dont get me wrong but there products are over priced for what you get. The scope didnt come with zero stop turrets so I called and they did send me free of charge shims, much to my surprize they actually showed up! Ive heard of other folks havin issues with there service tho, so your not the only one. There higher end stuff Is good quality, BUT with that being said the same money will get you more with other manufactures.

brtelec
05-03-2013, 03:19 PM
I worked in a couple of different gun shops back about 20 years ago and there were definite differences in dealing certain dealers. Leupold was always a great company to deal with and seemed to pride themselves on customer service after the sale. However, I think this situation is the product of two factors. One, is just getting to be so big that they are not keeping the loose ends from fraying, and second, I would think is the sheer volume of business they are probably experiencing right now. Neither one is a decent excuse for poor customer service though. If business is so good you can not keep up with your customers then you can certainly afford to hire more people to take care of them. It is a shame that you had a problem with a company that has always been good about taking care of the people that are buying their products. Your story will not stop me from using Leupold products, but I can certainly understand your position on not doing business with them anymore. I hope you get this resolved.