PDA

View Full Version : How good is the B&C Medalist Tactical

chriscnf
01-25-2010, 05:03 PM
I need to replace my Stevens plastic stock because it flexes slightly with trigger pull and is affecting my point of impact at longer distances.
Is the the Medalist stiff enough that I can trust it?
All the best...Chris

pdog06
01-25-2010, 07:13 PM
Absolutely! Only problem for you is that it has a varmint contour barrel channel, so your sporter barrel will look really small in there. Definately be free floated though.

IMO the Medalist is the best stock you can buy in that price range. And probably one of the best(if not the best) stocks you can buy "over the counter". To get any better you will need to custom order one.

dcloco
01-25-2010, 07:15 PM
Absolutely! Only problem for you is that it has a varmint contour barrel channel, so your sporter barrel will look really small in there. Definately be free floated though.

IMO the Medalist is the best stock you can buy in that price range. And probably one of the best(if not the best) stocks you can buy "over the counter". To get any better you will need to custom order one.

Ditto.

jdg
01-25-2010, 07:31 PM
Just finished installing my Medalist stock on my 10FP Heavy barrel, and theres plenty of room arround the barrel. Had to remove quite a bit of material to float the tang, but thats no biggie. Stock is rock solid, no flex at all!
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b278/JDG357/001-1.jpg

txaggie929
01-25-2010, 07:50 PM
Chris, if you decide you want one of these stocks, you better place your order now. Unless you have a center-feed rifle, they are sold out all over the nation and are on backorder at every dealer I've come across.

chriscnf
01-25-2010, 08:29 PM
Thanks guys...I've got a center feed 7mm08...finding someone to ship to New Zealand will be the challenge.
This should probably be a new thread but has anyone else experienced the stock flex I have. It effects my bullet impact by nearly 1 MOA at distances like 800 yards where I dont seem to be able to adjust for it because of reduced visbility.

204dogger
01-25-2010, 09:14 PM
Anyone know what they weigh?

204dogger

Silverfox
01-25-2010, 11:18 PM
Just trying to remember what I read, but I seem to remember 3.5 pounds, or thereabouts.