PDA

View Full Version : New style bottom metal/stocks

tacticalpanda
04-27-2013, 07:35 AM
So I just picked up a 10P. I noticed that savage has the bolt release under the trigger. How does this work with aftermarket chassis systems such as the Mcree? Also how would this work if I wanted to add CDI bottom metal? It seems I could install but not remove the bolt?

bodywerks
04-27-2013, 03:01 PM
Search is your friend.
Basically, it's no different as far as what stocks you can use. If it works for a savage short action with 4.4 action screw spacing and centerfeed magazine it will work on your rifle. There are a few limits, but very, very few - so few that i can't think of a stock that either won't work or can't be made to work.
I'm not sure about the mcree system, but i know for certain that XLR makes a chassis for it.
And CDI makes a bottom metal for your rifle as well. It requires a little retrofitting, but it's simple. It's basically a lever that is epoxied to the sear that puts the bolt release back up by the receiver.

stangfish
04-27-2013, 04:45 PM
The trigger guard is .050 wider on yours so you may have some fitting problems. Also the seer and the bolt release linkage may need to be clearanced to function correctly. I have not tried yed but from looking at the two stocks there is some differences. Nothing a savage owner cant work around.