PDA

View Full Version : FBC? description on Boyd's Website

Lefty'06
04-26-2013, 06:19 PM
After pleading with Boyd's for a lefty action stock, I just ordered one. I'm not sure what FBC means. The only option for a blind mag was centerfeed, FBC. I've got a staggered feed but understand that the screw spacing is the same. Will I run into issues because I've got a staggered feed vs centerfeed?

Thanks Fellas

seanhagerty
04-26-2013, 07:25 PM
Factory barrel channel?

stangfish
04-26-2013, 08:00 PM
Factory barrel channel?

Yep
BBC

Bull Barrel channel

Lefty'06
04-26-2013, 09:32 PM
Thanks guys, that makes sense. What about the centerfeed stock on a staggered feed action?

jhelmuth
04-26-2013, 09:51 PM
After pleading with Boyd's for a lefty action stock, I just ordered one. I'm not sure what FBC means. The only option for a blind mag was centerfeed, FBC. I've got a staggered feed but understand that the screw spacing is the same. Will I run into issues because I've got a staggered feed vs centerfeed?

Thanks Fellas

They've answered you qestion (correctly) on what the meaning of FBC is (so I will not address it).

However, you assumption regarding Centerfeed vs staggerfeed scre spacing is incorrect - they are not the same. For reference, the SF actions are 4.27" CTC and the CF actions are 4.4" CTC. That i a significant difference and I'm not aware that you can make a SF work in a CF inleted stock. You may just want to sell/trade the SF action for a CF model.

Good luck,

Jim

PS - You could always try to call boyds and cancel the order as well (don't know if that'll work or not - but worth a try)

Lefty'06
04-26-2013, 11:33 PM
Thanks Jim. Its a Long Action, and should have the same spacing regardless from other threads on here. The center vs staggered inlet is my biggest concern.

snowgetter1
04-27-2013, 01:44 AM
I think the only issue for inletting would be the location of your bolt release. Is it on the action or in front of the trigger guard? Even if it is in front of the trigger you can inlet with a dremel and a mill bit easy.

rjtfroggy
04-27-2013, 07:34 AM
Boyds used to have both mag inlets, so hopefully you get the SF one. If not it really isn't that hard to make it fit. A little shimming and possibly a little bedding in the bottom of mag well and you should be all right.
Check the search or FAQ there was once a thread about the conversion.

Lefty'06
04-27-2013, 02:51 PM
Thanks guys. The bolt release is on the action. Hopefully I can make it work.