PDA

View Full Version : I just bought a Model 110 FXP3 30-06 SP

hemenwt
04-22-2013, 12:59 AM
I just purchased a Model 110. I entered my Serial number and the Savage website said that I have a Model
110FXP3 30/06 SP. This forum tells me that the manufacture date was between Nov 1, 1995 through the end of 2002.
The stock is jacked up, it has been painted and I want to change it. It has a black "poly" stock with a Savage emblem so I am assuming that it is the original stock.
I want to replace the stock, but there is too much confusing details and I am scared to get one without knowing for sure what exactly i have. I can't tell which Owner's Manual to look at. It looks like a top feed, but is it possible that it could be a hinged plate or a removable box magazine that is covered up. Do I just need to take the gun out of the stock to make sure.
LAST THING, Where can I get an inexpensive wood, laminate, or poly stock. I am really on a budget and am looking for something inexpensive.
Any help or advice is greatly appreciated. I am sorry that I sound like such an idiot. I am just unfamiliar with these guns.

Thanks,
Thomas

243LPR
04-22-2013, 10:16 AM
Boyd's has nice laminates,good prices too. Sounds like you have a bling mag model.Take it out of the stock,if the mag box stays with the action it's stagger feed.If it stays in the stock it's center feed.Stocky's also has a thumbhole sporter in stock,little pricey though.

jonbearman
04-23-2013, 09:58 AM
Get the classic or prarie hunter as those stocks are a little heavier and with the 30-06 in a super light stock will recoil more than you want it too.