PDA

View Full Version : Buyers remorse ? Model 10 fcp-sr for tactical precision ?

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

chukarmandoo
05-17-2013, 01:53 PM
This is like waiting for your first born. You know its coming, just don't no exactly when!

chukarmandoo
06-17-2013, 12:23 PM
I have and to answer your specific question the answer is NO. It was 6 weeks late but in all fairness to Savage the action,barrel combo was ready to go a week early, problem was there was an issue with the stocks from the vendor and Savage would not use them as shipped, so they held it up until the problem was corrected.That really didn't matter to me because I had a Russo stock on order that ended up 3 months or more late coming.
If you are interested it was a mod. 110 LE 7rem mag with a 20" bull barrel.

Well I see a trend here. Called savage last month and they said the action would be finished that week. I asked if there would be a holdup on the stock? Oh no we have the stock! Four weeks later I call. Rifle is built but we are waiting on stock. Should be here this week. I called them today, week 14. Sorry the stock didn't come in. Really! I can see this going sideways real fast! I was nice and 14 weeks is a good build time. I guess to good of a build time! When this drags out to 4 or 5 months I'll wish I'd ordered a real custom. I know, I know, just whining but I didn't do so good at the last shoot and just want to b#&*h a little. Okay, now I better.

JCalhoun
06-17-2013, 10:17 PM
You are more patient than most of us.

chukarmandoo
06-23-2013, 11:00 AM
You are more patient than most of us.

Well I got to thinking and it accrued to me that I did not really get a ETA from Savage. So I called back Friday and talked to Effie. She is really dedicated to Savage costumers, I believe, and she assured me that she was as upset as I was. She said she would physically check and see what they had in stock and would call me back. About 15 minutes later she calls back and tells me she can put a different stock on the rifle (another HS) and send it. When they get the one from HS (that I should have gotten) she said they will send that one to me. The one that is now on back order might take a while. She said that I was not the only one that was waiting on a stock from HSP. Anyway I think Savage does go out their way to please their customers. The funny thing is Effie knows me when I call. Dan

rattfink
06-23-2013, 12:23 PM
Sorry to hear you had so long to wait Dan. Effie really is a cool lady to deal with, and really knows her business.
Savage quoted me 8-10 weeks for my rifle. I just got it last week which makes it about 12 weeks but I really have no complaints. I guess my turnaround time was shorter than yours b/c my action would be an off the shelf item, and everything else I ordered is produced internally by Savage.

Overall, the value I got and the experience with Savage's custom order has been great.

As happy as I am to have my rifle, the scope base is on back order (I was informed after I ordered it!) so it, my scope and rings are just waiting....waiting....

chukarmandoo
06-23-2013, 04:44 PM
Well I'm glad I called back. rattfink I think it might be worthwhile to try and locate a base and see if Savage would issue a po to the suppler and mail directly to you? Just a thought. Anyway hope it works out for you sooner than later. Dan

rattfink
06-23-2013, 05:47 PM
Well I'm glad I called back. rattfink I think it might be worthwhile to try and locate a base and see if Savage would issue a po to the suppler and mail directly to you? Just a thought. Anyway hope it works out for you sooner than later. Dan

Yeah, I thought of ordering new one. I like the TPS steel base, but they don't make a 20 MOA for a long action anymore. My LGS was willing to order something but most of the options were outside my budget (Would love a NF base!) and just about everyone I have checked is back ordered on the EGW base I ordered so I will wait. And pretend to be a patient man.

chukarmandoo
07-08-2013, 12:29 PM
Holy Cow! Dose Savage shut down for 2 weeks every year! Last time I talked to them, 6/21, they said they would be closed Friday the 28th.They said they would try to get my rifle sent out by the 27th. I called today to check again on ETA. They're fricking closed till 7/12 which means 7/15! If I ever get the gun and it shoots than I'll be happy but right now I'm pissed. After TKA gets done with them (like Bushmaster and Freedom Group) we'll all have to wait 5 years to get a Savage called some other name like, I don't know, Indian Arms or Westfield Weapons! Anyway don't think I be doing this again "it just sucks". Dan

JCalhoun
07-08-2013, 02:32 PM
Yes, I believe they do shut down for a couple weeks each year.

chukarmandoo
07-08-2013, 04:56 PM
Well I hope when they reopen everyone that was there before will be back! If you know what I mean. I would hate to have to go through the "he said she said" thing at this point. Especially since the rifle is bought and paid for. Oh well best laid plans of mice and men, or something like that.

jim_k
07-08-2013, 05:13 PM
Last year I sent a bent barrel back on a new rifle - the 10 FC I mentioned above. It was waiting to be fired at the range, and the vacation arrived, so it waited awhile longer. Just to update on accuracy, I now have worked on the loads more, and got a 0.27" 5-shot group at 100 yds. Just keep the saliva drip cloth under your chin.

chukarmandoo
07-09-2013, 10:57 PM
Well I've cooled down now. It is what it is. Not going to think about it anymore till I get it in my hands. I have more important things really that I should be putting my energy into. Jim good to hear how well your rifle shoots. Thanks.Dan

missed
07-09-2013, 11:12 PM
Sounds like a sweet rig, I am a lefty too and see how much we get short changed on gear. I have an FLCP-K 308 and love it. Its a sub 0.368 MOA gun from the factory. The .260 will be awesome setup like that.

blt65
07-10-2013, 05:09 PM
chukarmandoo, when I first started looking for a tactical rifle I went kept searching for Savage 12 LRP with the same thought you had thinking the action would be stronger then their varmit actions. I did end up getting a 12 LRP in a 6.5 Creedmoor (I was wanting a .260) but took what I could get and I am glad I did as I have grown to love the creedmoor. After talking with folks, one who is a outstanding gunsmith (a remmy guy though) assured me either action would of been fine. It was explained like this, when the bolt is closed on a round and the locking lugs engages all the pressure is going to be pushing back on the bolt and the locking lugs, the chamber walls and the bullet. The weakest link is the bullet so it is then pushed forward and out of the barrel, so technically being that the locking lugs are at the 12 and 6 o clock positions all the force is being pushed straing back so the extra material on top of the action does very little in support of the locking lugs. It does give you a nice place to mount your picatinny rail but if you buy a high quality steel rail you will be fine. Good luck on your new rifle and I would love to hear how it shoots.

chukarmandoo
08-10-2013, 11:16 AM
Well one month to the day that I last posted on this thread . Anyway I got the rifle yesterday and it is "sick" to say the least! the only way this would be better is if I had gotten it with the stock that was ordered . So fist off, the receiver is just crazy. It looks to be a model 12. In fact the whole stick looks like the model 12 LRP with a side bolt release and CDI bottom metal with a ten round mag put in a precision carbine stock.
To get back on topic , my original concern was the receiver. On Savages' website it shows it to be a 10/110 type action and after I ordered it I felt that I had messed up. Well somebody at Savage can read minds cause this thing is sweet! Thanks Effie (customer service coordinator special orders) and Jim (master gunsmith / special orders). Dan

BoilerUP
08-10-2013, 11:39 AM
I thought they used Accurate-Mag DBM and not CDI...?

rattfink
08-10-2013, 12:01 PM
Dude...PICS! Let's see that peashooter!

chukarmandoo
08-10-2013, 01:12 PM
I thought they used Accurate-Mag DBM and not CDI...?

I think you are correct. Sorry

chukarmandoo
08-10-2013, 01:17 PM
Dude...PICS! Let's see that peashooter!

I know, I know. I can barely load shells, so loading pics is almost impossible.

chukarmandoo
08-11-2013, 12:11 PM
http://i1314.photobucket.com/albums/t564/noplan1/DSCN2208_zps06e2fc39.jpg[/URL]

I don't know if this worked?