PDA

View Full Version : New boyds 11 stock pre inlet for DBM??

did_b
04-16-2013, 02:17 PM
Am i seeing this right or going insane? I ordered a blind mag stock a while back for my 11 and had a friend inlet it for the drop mag. Now it appears they are making them pre-inlet for a detachable magazine? Is this new or did i just miss it before?
http://www.boydsgunstocks.com/product.htm?pid=19029&cat=1222

J.Baker
04-16-2013, 06:26 PM
It's relatively new - Boyds just started offering them in the last month or two.

WuzYoungOnceToo
04-16-2013, 06:58 PM
Whew. Considering that I had to go through the DBM-to-BM conversion in order to use a Boyd's FWT for my 111 I was a little torqued until I saw that they're still not making anything for the side-release DBM models, which is what mine is (or was).

did_b
04-16-2013, 09:50 PM
When they say side release is that referring to the side bolt release vs the one in front of the trigger guard? Or is there a version with a side magazine release?

WuzYoungOnceToo
04-16-2013, 10:04 PM
When they say side release is that referring to the side bolt release vs the one in front of the trigger guard? Or is there a version with a side magazine release?

It refers to a release that's activated by pushing a button in the side of the stock.

teebirdhyzer
04-24-2013, 05:31 PM
I saw these last night while surfing around. Anyone tried one yet? They sure would have sold a few of these to me over the past couple of years if they had made them then. I'm sure I will own a couple in the future.

BWB
05-22-2013, 05:03 PM
I just saw this and just received one of these stocks. After getting a custom SSS stock inlet for the DBM last year, I was impressed with the fit of the DBM of the Boyds stock and it didn't cost me an extra $50