PDA

View Full Version : Installing SAV-2 in Stevens 200

tuggie
04-11-2013, 10:01 PM
Hi,
I am trying to install a Basix SAV-2 trigger in my Stevens 200
This is the newer Stevens with the seperate in stock magazine
I have followed the video and tried about 4 times to get it to work.
The trigger will not "fire'
The sear seems to go back far - not like in the video
I also have the new sear spring they mention but they say to use the 90 degree sear spring - dont know where the other newly supplied one goes - perhaps for the accutrigger model
Would appreciate any help- I am totally frustrated
Thanks,

thomae
04-12-2013, 08:37 AM
Recently Savage changed the trigger in the Stevens 200 to a type similar to the one in the Axis that uses a coil spring on the end of the trigger instead of a wire spring that goes on the side. It may be that your SAV-2 is designed for the type of trigger you DON'T have.

Pictures would really help folks understand your problem.

Reference: http://www.savageshooters.com/showthread.php?16607-The-ultimate-guide-to-posting-pictures-so-easy-a-caveman-can-do-it!

If you need more help posting photos, please PM me and I'll walk you through it.

scope eye
04-12-2013, 09:16 AM
I just picked up a Steven's 200 in 7 Rem Mag yesterday, my first one with the coil spring trigger, the thing has got to be close to 9 pounds of trigger pull to set it off, at first I actually thought the safety was stuck on it, and there is some kind of goop on they adjustment screws,
to add insult to injury, not that any kind of adjustment will cure as much as I would need, to even make it remotely acceptable.

Dean

tuggie
04-12-2013, 12:06 PM
Finally got it figured out. It was the adjustments causing all the problems
The SAV-2 comes with a new trigger that uses the coil spring on the trigger
You discard the original wire spring that was on the Stevens from the factory
Thanks