PDA

View Full Version : 223/5.56

Pages : 1 [2]

Jamie
04-29-2013, 08:36 AM
Rhetorical? How many have done it on this post? If you have done it and had bad results please slap me.

I guess you may want to define bad. If bad is losing fingers then no. If bad is popped primers and sticky extraction then yes.

Out of 5 .223 rifles/pistols, 3 shot 5.56 just fine, 2 were unsafe. A Savage was one that seemed to be fine with it but you never know which you have until you pull the trigger. This is real world, first hand experience not BS, guessing or rumor.

stangfish
04-29-2013, 05:29 PM
I guess you may want to define bad. If bad is losing fingers then no. If bad is popped primers and sticky extraction then yes. Out of 5 .223 rifles/pistols, 3 shot 5.56 just fine, 2 were unsafe. A Savage was one that seemed to be fine with it but you never know which you have until you pull the trigger. This is real world, first hand experience not BS, guessing or rumor.

Fair enough. So you shot 5.56 ammo in 5 different .223 rifles. Thats all I needed to hear. We are on the same page.

As a side note. Many of us have blown primer pockets out by pushing it. We have oversized our brass and undersized our brass. We may have even experience sticky bolt or head seperation. I would even venture to say some have not trimmed their brass to the correct length. I dont condone unsafe acts but with the freebore that savage puts in their 223 it may not be as unsafe as all the chicken littles cry and has been fine in my wifes gun. You milage may vary.

Apache
04-29-2013, 05:36 PM
:deadhorse:

Guys,

I posted the link to the 223 vs 5.56 to show that this argument is not new and has been hashed out A BUNCH OF TIMES and was HOPING to stop all this crap.

I even made a sticky out of it to try to help.

These 223 vs 556 threads ALWAYS go down this road.........I'm locking this thread........and any others that start like this one from now on.

No more 223 vs 556 threads.