PDA

View Full Version : Savage Model 16 stock removal

Orange_Crush
04-08-2013, 10:35 PM
I feel like an idiot - but how do I tove the stock from my model 16 short action ?

I have removed two screws but it's obvious there is a second action action screw hidden under the trigger guard.

I was going to attach a cell phone pic , but it doesn't look like I can do that.

Help, anyone?

Orange_Crush
04-08-2013, 10:35 PM
Meant to say how do I remove

dlaboone
04-08-2013, 10:47 PM
if it has the bolt release in front of the trigger guard slide it back the screw is under it.

stangfish
04-08-2013, 11:13 PM
Yep, The new trigger gaurd bolt release hides the rear action screw.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRq5OVC8q6_qca_IrLeP9-MDd3gnEKYfLz8Q8WmyyqYe1B43g0wng

Orange_Crush
04-09-2013, 12:34 AM
Thanks - I knew it was under there - just could not figure out how to get to it.

Much appreciated.

Sporting Lad
04-12-2014, 04:31 PM
Hey, thanks, you bunch of savages!
I've been trying to remove the stock from my new Savage 14 by removing the for'd action screw and the wood screw(?!) behind the trigger guard.
I tried all the old tricks--flipping it on its back and thumping on the comb, et al, but it wasn't budging a micron, so I'm thinking,
what, is this stock glassed in or what. Just before reaching for the big mumphy mallet, I decided to browse the web, and hit #1
was here! Just in time. How clever of Savage to conceal their disassembly screws under buttons. Now I feel a bit like James Bond.

Thank you, Savage Shooters for preventing me from doing something dumb with a big hammer :0 ]