PDA

View Full Version : Savage Model 112 25-06 Info

ArkieCharlie
04-08-2013, 09:14 PM
Hello,

I recently acquired a Savage Model 112 25-06 rifle. I found the rifle to be an interesting piece. It has a stainless steel, fluted heavy barrel, with a recess in the end of the barrel. The bolt is setup for left hand use. The stock is black synthetic. I called Savage and upon providing them the serial number the gentleman told me it was a Model SLDSS. (I'm wondering if he might have said "V" instead of "D") Whichever the case I can't get Google to find either one. I haven't had much better luck trying to determine a value. He also told me that it was manufactured in 1996. I have requested an owners manual and should have it in a few weeks. Seeing how I was only 11 when this rifle was made, I don't have the slightest idea about its reputation or production. I was hoping that someone could maybe give me a little background from their experience with the same rifle. I have not had the chance to shoot it yet, I did load the magazine and work the action and found it is super smooth. One more thing I found interesting, the standard stamp on the left side of the barrel is misprinted. About halfway through the warning to read the owners manual before using and the address for Savage, it is double stamped. It's like half the words got on there and then they stamper/etcher started over. I wondered if it was common for this to happen and the rifle make its way to the store or if this is unique. Any and all information or opinions are welcome. Thank you for taking time to help me learn a little more about my newest addition.

JCalhoun
04-08-2013, 10:02 PM
Common Savage suffixes are,
B-laminated wood
C-removable box magazine
F-synthetic stock
G-hardwood stock
L-lefty
SS- stainless steel
V-varmint profile
P-police profile

ArkieCharlie
04-08-2013, 10:06 PM
Maybe he said FLVSS. I couldn't understand him very well. I will call back tomorrow and confirm. Thanks for the info.

quarterbore
04-09-2013, 07:21 AM
You can go on their website and run the serial number in the parts finder and it will tell you the original model of the rifle.

https://store.savagearms.com/partfinder/