PDA

View Full Version : Sharp Shooter Supply

Pages : [1] 2 3

hunter55
04-08-2013, 08:44 PM
Has anyone heard if they are still in business???? I sent a gun in to get rebarreled in December, I get NO e mail responds and the phone says they are way to busy to answer the phone. Just wondering if anyone has heard anything about them

pdog2062
04-08-2013, 08:57 PM
they will get to it,just don't get in a hurry or give up on them.my last order took about 90 days for a singleshot adapter that they had in stock when i ordered it.

Dennis
04-08-2013, 10:15 PM
There in business. Send Lisa an email, she will get back to you. I just received my order, it took several months. My gunsmith had to take it apart to inspect. He had nothing but good to say about Fred's workmanship. I to wish I would have received it sooner, but the workmanship is worth the wait.

I can't wait to put a barrel on it and start shooting.

Dennis

hunter55
04-08-2013, 10:27 PM
I have sent Lisa e mails for the last month, she answered earlier . I do not mind a few months, I sent it the first of december, I have heard great things about Freds work, that is why i sent it.

Bradley Walker
04-09-2013, 03:28 PM
There in business. Send Lisa an email, she will get back to you. I just received my order, it took several months. My gunsmith had to take it apart to inspect. He had nothing but good to say about Fred's workmanship. I to wish I would have received it sooner, but the workmanship is worth the wait.

Dennis

Huh? So did it suck? I don't understand that post.

Dennis
04-10-2013, 02:52 AM
http://www.savageshooters.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Dennis http://www.savageshooters.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.savageshooters.com/showthread.php?p=177546#post177546) There in business. Send Lisa an email, she will get back to you. I just received my order, it took several months. My gunsmith had to take it apart to inspect. He had nothing but good to say about Fred's workmanship. I to wish I would have received it sooner, but the workmanship is worth the wait.

Dennis
Huh? So did it suck? I don't understand that post.

The workmanship is perfect. One of our staff gunsmith checked the product out on his own just to inspect the work Fred performed. I/We are 100% satisfied with the product. It did take a little longer to build than what I expected. It was worth the wait, I have a fine rifle. The only thing I am going to add is one of my barrels. Fred supplied the rest of the rifle.

Orr89rocz
04-10-2013, 09:51 AM
Yeah they finished my barrel a few weeks ago. Originally told me 2-3 weeks since they already had a blank cut but 3 months later i get it. Original email correspondance was good then it was hard to get a reply for a month then Lisa answered me. So i guess be patient? They seem busy all the time

Apache
04-10-2013, 11:37 PM
He is EXTREMELY busy, but the end product is always worth it. Just be patient.

kelbro
04-11-2013, 11:18 PM
He is EXTREMELY busy, but the end product is always worth it. Just be patient.

Same here. Patience is required when dealing with any artist.

limige
04-12-2013, 12:13 AM
I read this many times with SSS hes not much for phones he stays busy doing quality work. It may not be done as quick as you would like but it will be done and done right.j

JCalhoun
04-13-2013, 04:31 PM
Kinda like the Pope constantly asking Michealangelo when he would be finished with that stupid ceiling. :rolleyes:

Apache
04-13-2013, 08:00 PM
LOL!!!!

GaCop
10-11-2013, 10:49 AM
Kinda like the Pope constantly asking Michealangelo when he would be finished with that stupid ceiling. :rolleyes:

Good one!

M4J0R T0M
10-16-2013, 09:54 PM
I have no experience with SSS but I would have to say that despite the quality of work if any company makes promises about deadlines and delivery times they should meet them. That's just good business. If they tell you two to three weeks then they should deliver. If it's going to take months they should tell you up front. Waiting months for an order that was only supposed to take a couple weeks is not right.

Im going through something similar right now with a company I ordered an AR upper from. Showed in stock in their website when I ordered it and the communications was outstanding UNTIL they got my money. Since then it's been hell trying to get a hold of them and they keep lying to me about shipping times and tracking info. Poor customer service in my opinion. Rant over!

missed
10-17-2013, 08:15 AM

Now that was funny!

I'm waiting on a bolt body from that was supposed to be in stock, but I know there busier than a one legged man in a butt kicking contest and it is just how they operate so I just order and I get surprised when it shows!

Buzzard II
01-08-2014, 03:07 PM
Freds' work is top notch. He did a BVSS 22-250 for me years ago that is beautiful and shoots one jagged hole groups. He will be doing my next gun for me too! His high quality work is worth the little extra time! Bob

SEE POST #18

Old99E
01-08-2014, 03:34 PM
Fred and Lisa ran a great business years ago. Customer service and quality has diminished greatly over the years unfortunately. After my last run in with them I doubt I will purchase from them again or recommend their services. My stock was not built very well, poor inletting, damaged bottom metal, incomplete order, still owe me $200 worth of parts 17 months after ordering and do not even have the decency to respond to emails, registered letters, or phone calls.

I am not the only one.

Hopefully they can turn their business around but they've lost me as a client for life.

Buzzard II
01-08-2014, 04:09 PM
Fred and Lisa ran a great business years ago. Customer service and quality has dimished greatly over the years unfortunately. After my last run in with them I doubt I will purchase from them again or recommend their services. My stock was not built very well, poor inletting, damaged bottom metal, incomplete order, still owe me $200 worth of parts 17 months after ordering and do not even have the decency to respond to emails, registered letters, or phone calls.

I am not the only one.

Hopefully they can turn their business around but they've lost me as a client for life.

I was not aware of that! It's been 15 years since I did business with them. PM to Old99E

snowgetter1
01-09-2014, 09:55 AM
This will be locked soon! Can't speak bad of poor customer service.

thomae
01-09-2014, 10:22 AM
Yes, this thread might be closed, but not because folks are documenting poor customer service. Documentation of both good or poor customer service serves to educate forum members and help them choose what businesses get their money.

Snide comments that serve no purpose and only serve to incite are not appreciated and only serve to encourage closing a thread.

From the User Agreememt: Forum Etiquette: - Do not post ”empty” or useless responses...Only post responses when you have something to contribute.

If people are simply whining and puling about something and repeating the same thing over and over the thread becomes useless and will likely be closed.

If people only post when they have something that adds to the conversation, (as opposed to personal opinion and biases; i.e., "Well if it were my business, I'd run it THIS way....) the thread is constructive.

We also don't support anyone personally insulting any other member. If that is seen, infractions are issued and posts/threads are deleted.

Please remember that when I post, you only hear MY side of the story, with all my personal biases built in. There may be another angle of the story that the readers will never see that would shed light and make the situation more understandable.

Sharpshooter Supply is run as a business the way the owners choose to do. I am not in their shoes and have no way of knowing what challenges and difficulties they face either regularly or on any given day.

I have heard many positive things about their business. I have also heard many negative things about their business.

I weigh what I have heard when I make my decision as to where I purchase items or services.

As always, Caveat Emptor.